Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation NameNode not starting after install of 1.3.2 on SLES 11.3

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Louis Long

When trying to start namenode through Ambari, I receive java errors. When I run namenode start from command line I get error below. I ran the hadoop namenode -format command and that seems to work but I continue to receive this error.

2013-09-28 09:22:09,403 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: FSNamesystem initialization failed.
    java.io.IOException: NameNode is not formatted.
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.recoverTransitionRead(FSImage.java:316)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSDirectory.loadFSImage(FSDirectory.java:144)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.initialize(FSNamesystem.java:466)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.(FSNamesystem.java:432)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize(NameNode.java:302)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.(NameNode.java:585)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:1523)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:1532)
    2013-09-28 09:22:09,425 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: java.io.IOException: NameNode is not formatted.
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.recoverTransitionRead(FSImage.java:316)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSDirectory.loadFSImage(FSDirectory.java:144)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.initialize(FSNamesystem.java:466)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.(FSNamesystem.java:432)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize(NameNode.java:302)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.(NameNode.java:585)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:1523)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:1532)

2013-09-28 09:22:09,434 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: SHUTDOWN_MSG:
    /************************************************************
    SHUTDOWN_MSG: Shutting down NameNode at

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Louie,

Great, let me know how you get on,

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Louis Long

Hi Dave,

Our HDFS directory is local. We are going to try a re-install of the cluster because we’ve been modifying service accounts and other settings to try and fit this implementation into our environment with all of our compliance requirements. That may address this issue and others we’ve encountered. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks for your response. Regards Louie

Collapse

Dave

Hi Louis,

Is your HDFS directory on a mount point or is it a local disk?
    What happens when you run the format command (as hdfs user)

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)