Home Forums Ambari Namenode not starting from ambari

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Mazur 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

varun kumar kalluri
    Participant

Hi Team,
    I deployed hadoop and its components using ambari, while I am starting namenode seeing following error logs,
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Fail: Execution of ‘ulimit -c unlimited; export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh –config /etc/hadoop/conf start namenode’ returned 1. -bash: line 0: ulimit: core file size: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted
    starting namenode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-namenode-euca-192-168-217-80.eucalyptus.internal.out

Thanks,
    varun

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dan Mazur
    Participant

Also, the ownership on my /hadoop/hdfs/namenode/in_use.lock file is already set to hdfs.
    -Dan

Collapse

Dan Mazur
    Participant

Hello,
    I am having a similar problem when starting the datanode (instead of the namenode) service for HDP 2.1 on CentOS 6.3. My Namenode service starts without any errors.

Here are the contents of my /var/log/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-datanode-<hostname>.out file:
    ulimit -a for user hdfs
    core file size (blocks, -c) 0
    data seg size (kbytes, -d) unlimited
    scheduling priority (-e) 0
    file size (blocks, -f) unlimited
    pending signals (-i) 579806
    max locked memory (kbytes, -l) unlimited
    max memory size (kbytes, -m) unlimited
    open files (-n) 32768
    pipe size (512 bytes, -p) 8
    POSIX message queues (bytes, -q) 819200
    real-time priority (-r) 0
    stack size (kbytes, -s) unlimited
    cpu time (seconds, -t) unlimited
    max user processes (-u) 65536
    virtual memory (kbytes, -v) unlimited
    file locks (-x) unlimited

Please let me know how to proceed with debugging the issue. I do not seem to have the same problems when running the same command myself at the command line.

Dan

Collapse

Vishal Dhavale
    Participant

hii Varun,
    I am facing similar problem. please tell me how u changed permission of use_in_lock file???

Collapse

varun kumar kalluri
    Participant

Hey Jeff,
    Thanks so much for your quick response, I just fixed that issue by changing ownership of /hadoop/hdfs/namenode/in_use.lock to hdfs .
    It was root:root before so it was giving permission denied error in those log files.
    Thanks again for response.

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Can you post your /var/log/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-namenode-euca-192-168-217-80.eucalyptus.internal.out ?

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)