Home Forums Ambari Namenode not starting from ambari

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vishal Dhavale 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

varun kumar kalluri
    Participant

Hi Team,
    I deployed hadoop and its components using ambari, while I am starting namenode seeing following error logs,
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Fail: Execution of ‘ulimit -c unlimited; export HADOOP_LIBEXEC_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec && /usr/lib/hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh –config /etc/hadoop/conf start namenode’ returned 1. -bash: line 0: ulimit: core file size: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted
    starting namenode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-namenode-euca-192-168-217-80.eucalyptus.internal.out

Thanks,
    varun

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Vishal Dhavale
    Participant

hii Varun,
    I am facing similar problem. please tell me how u changed permission of use_in_lock file???

Collapse

varun kumar kalluri
    Participant

Hey Jeff,
    Thanks so much for your quick response, I just fixed that issue by changing ownership of /hadoop/hdfs/namenode/in_use.lock to hdfs .
    It was root:root before so it was giving permission denied error in those log files.
    Thanks again for response.

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Can you post your /var/log/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-namenode-euca-192-168-217-80.eucalyptus.internal.out ?

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)