Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation 'namenode' service fails while starting HDP in Sandbox 1.3 Windows Version

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Seth Lyubich 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Rajeev Joshi

Hi!
    I was trying out Hadoop (Sandbox 1.3 Version) for the first time, and was doing the Hello World Tutorial.

Firstly, I got an error while installation because the clusterservices.txt file mentioned d: as log file repositories, and I had only a C: drive on my Server.
    I split the C: into E: (D: was the DVD Driver) with the sizes:
    C: 7.94GB free of 23.4 GB
    E: 15.6GB free of 16.4 GB
    Then, I modified the few lines at the top of clusterservices.txt to refer to E: instead of D:

The installation was successful.

When I reach the next step:

start_local_hdp_services

One services failed, ‘namenode’.

I looked at the logs but I could not figure out why the failure was happening.

I am attaching the log directory for your help.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    2013-10-31 00:00:05,448 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.util.GSet: recommended=4194304, actual=4194304
    2013-10-31 00:00:05,462 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage: Storage directory E:\hdp\data\hdfs\nn does not exist
    2013-10-31 00:00:05,464 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: FSNamesystem initialization failed.
    org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.InconsistentFSStateException: Directory E:\hdp\data\hdfs\nn is in an inconsistent state: storage directory does not exist or is not accessible.
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.recoverTransitionRead
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    THere is only a E:\hdp\data\hdfs\dn directory in that directory.

It will be most helpful if you can tell me what the error was, and where I went wrong.

It seems very frustrating and shameful that I cannot even get the ‘Hello World’ tutorial to work…

Awaiting an early reply,
    Sincerely,

Ciao!
    ~ rajeev joshi (e: rajeev.joshi@izeltech.com) (m: +91.98225.39873)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)