Home Forums Hive / HCatalog Need help for Hive Streaming (HDP 2.1)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alex K 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Alex K
    Participant

Hi,

I’m playing around with Hive streaming preview using the example code from https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Streaming+Data+Ingest. I get the following error:
    14/07/23 16:58:31 INFO hive.metastore: Trying to connect to metastore with URI thrift://localhost:9083
    14/07/23 16:58:32 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform… using builtin-java classes where applicable
    14/07/23 16:58:32 INFO hive.metastore: Connected to metastore.
    14/07/23 16:58:33 INFO hive.metastore: Trying to connect to metastore with URI thrift://localhost:9083
    14/07/23 16:58:33 INFO hive.metastore: Connected to metastore.
    14/07/23 16:58:34 WARN hdfs.BlockReaderLocal: The short-circuit local reads feature cannot be used because libhadoop cannot be loaded.
    14/07/23 16:58:34 INFO session.SessionState: No Tez session required at this point. hive.execution.engine=mr.
    14/07/23 16:58:35 INFO log.PerfLogger: <PERFLOG method=Driver.run from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
    14/07/23 16:58:35 INFO log.PerfLogger: <PERFLOG method=TimeToSubmit from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
    14/07/23 16:58:35 INFO hive.metastore: Trying to connect to metastore with URI thrift://localhost:9083
    14/07/23 16:58:35 INFO hive.metastore: Connected to metastore.
    FAILED: Error in determing valid transactions: Error communicating with the metastore
    14/07/23 16:58:35 ERROR ql.Driver: FAILED: Error in determing valid transactions: Error communicating with the metastore
    org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.lockmgr.LockException: Error communicating with the metastore
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.lockmgr.DbTxnManager.getValidTxns(DbTxnManager.java:281)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.recordValidTxns(Driver.java:843)
    [...]
    at HSMain.main(HSMain.java:32)
    Caused by: org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: Internal error processing get_open_txns
    at org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException.read(TApplicationException.java:108)
    at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:71)
    [...]

I’m working on Sandbox 2.1. I used the CREATE TABLE statement listed in the example. Are there any other configuration changes I need to make to the Hadoop&Hive setup on the sandbox?

Thanks,
    Alex

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Alex K
    Participant

Thank you, this helped!

I created the tables from https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/metastore/scripts/upgrade/mysql/hive-txn-schema-0.13.0.mysql.sql and changed the hive-site.xml as described in http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.1/bk_dataintegration/content/ch_using-hive-transactions.html. I’m able to insert rows into Hive using the streaming API now.

Collapse
    Collapse

Eugene Koifman
    Participant

The tables that ACID support requires are defined in https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/metastore/scripts/upgrade/derby/hive-txn-schema-0.13.0.derby.sql. (similarly for other DBs).
    I don’t use Sandbox myself so I don’t know if there is a user friendly way to create them, but they must be in the DB.

Collapse

Alex K
    Participant

Hi Eugene,

the metastore DB is unchanged from the Sandbox 2.1 environment. I checked, and the MySQL schema hive doesn’t have the tables TXN and TXN_COMPONENT. Are there instructions how to enable transaction support in a Sandbox environment?

Thanks,
    Alex

Full stack trace of the causing exception:
    Caused by: org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: Internal error processing get_open_txns
    at org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException.read(TApplicationException.java:108)
    at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:71)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.api.ThriftHiveMetastore$Client.recv_get_open_txns(ThriftHiveMetastore.java:3367)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.api.ThriftHiveMetastore$Client.get_open_txns(ThriftHiveMetastore.java:3355)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.getValidTxns(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:1545)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.lockmgr.DbTxnManager.getValidTxns(DbTxnManager.java:279)
    … 12 more

Collapse

Eugene Koifman
    Participant

It may help if you provide a more detailed stack trace. Perhaps hive.log has it.
    One thing to check is if you metastore DB has the tables needed for transaction support, for example ‘TXN’, ‘TXN_COMPONENTS’, etc

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)