Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Network settings while installing horton sandbox inwindows 7

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Karthick S 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Karthick S

Hi,
    1. I have installed Oracle VM virtualbox manager
    2. I have imported HortonWorks sanbox 1.3

VM boots up and shows the login instruction for sandbox. But I am not able to open the address shown in console.

Could someone tell me if any network settings to be done in VM network settings or on host windows machine ?
    I am using windows 7 64 bit OS.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Karthick S

Well got it working now. The URL showed that 127.0.0.1:8888 is the IP to be entered in the browser. But it didn’t work. Then tried with 192.168.56.102 it worked.
    BTW I did a few change in network settings as well, though not sure if that is the reason it worked. If possible please confirm me if the settings are ok.
    Adapter1:
    Enable network adapter: checked
    Attached to: host-only adapter
    Advanced:
    adapter type: pcnet-fast-III (am79c93)
    promiscuous mode: allow all
    cable connected: checked

Adapter2:

Enable network adapter: checked
    Attached to NAT

Came across online that these two adapters have to enabled and I am really naive about the adapter type selection.
    Thanks.

Collapse

Hi,
    Are you trying to access the SSH host and port or the URL mentioned on Sanbox once loaded . ?
    Once the Sandbox is booted no other settings are required for accessing the hue console.

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)