The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

Network settings while installing horton sandbox inwindows 7

Karthick S

Hi,
    1. I have installed Oracle VM virtualbox manager
    2. I have imported HortonWorks sanbox 1.3

VM boots up and shows the login instruction for sandbox. But I am not able to open the address shown in console.

Could someone tell me if any network settings to be done in VM network settings or on host windows machine ?
    I am using windows 7 64 bit OS.

Thanks in advance.

• Author
    Replies

Hi,
    Are you trying to access the SSH host and port or the URL mentioned on Sanbox once loaded . ?
    Once the Sandbox is booted no other settings are required for accessing the hue console.

Karthick S

Well got it working now. The URL showed that 127.0.0.1:8888 is the IP to be entered in the browser. But it didn’t work. Then tried with 192.168.56.102 it worked.
    BTW I did a few change in network settings as well, though not sure if that is the reason it worked. If possible please confirm me if the settings are ok.
    Adapter1:
    Enable network adapter: checked
    Attached to: host-only adapter
    Advanced:
    adapter type: pcnet-fast-III (am79c93)
    promiscuous mode: allow all
    cable connected: checked

Adapter2:

Enable network adapter: checked
    Attached to NAT

Came across online that these two adapters have to enabled and I am really naive about the adapter type selection.
    Thanks.

Saurabh Ramya
    Participant

Hey Karthick,
    you saved my day.
    thank you very much!
    saurabh

The forum ‘Hortonworks Sandbox’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.