Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox New Version of Sandbox Available

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  James Solderitsch 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

As I reported in another thread, after installing ntpdate to fix the out-of-sync time between Sandbox and host, and then seeing Ambari report that HBase was down, and then using Ambari to re-start HBase, I was able to see graphs in the the little picture boxes that previously had the No Data messages in them.

Nice to be able to exercise some admin control over the Hadoop components without having to re-boot!

Collapse

I have installed the new sandbox and enabled Ambari. I then re-installed my R and R Studio capabilities and tested them and they work.

Ambari is running but in quite a few places, there are little picture boxes meant to show some highlighted data and instead of data there I see the message: No Data There was no data available. Possible reasons include inaccessible Ganglia service. One place this happens is when you click the disclosure triangle for the MapReduce section in the Dashboard and then on the left is a list of properties like Job Tracker, Task Trackers, Version string… The right of the display has this No Data message instead of data.

Could it be that Ganglia did not start properly? How do I make Ganglia “accessible”? Or is this to be expected?

Thanks

Jim

Collapse

Larry Liu

Thanks, Cheryle, trying.

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)