Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation No Hadoop services are starting after successful installation

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Seth Lyubich 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hello,
    I am very new to hadoop. I installed hadoop on my workstation (Windows 7) and the installation was successful. But when i try to start all services by start_hdp_Local_services none of the services are starting.
    I am able to ping my hostserver i.e. my workstation without any issues.
    i have installed this msi (hdp-1.1.0-GA.winpkg) with my cluster properties being

#Log directory
    HDP_LOG_DIR=d:\hadoop\logs

#Data directory
    HDP_DATA_DIR=d:\hadoop\data

#Hosts
    NAMENODE_HOST=GNAIR
    SECONDARY_NAMENODE_HOST=GNAIR
    JOBTRACKER_HOST=GNAIR
    HIVE_SERVER_HOST=GNAIR
    OOZIE_SERVER_HOST=GNAIR.
    TEMPLETON_HOST=GNAIR
    SLAVE_HOSTS=GNAIR

#Database host
    DB_FLAVOR=mssql
    DB_HOSTNAME=GNAIR

#Hive properties
    HIVE_DB_NAME=Hive
    HIVE_DB_USERNAME=hive_dbuser
    HIVE_DB_PASSWORD=password

#Oozie properties
    OOZIE_DB_NAME=oozie
    OOZIE_DB_USERNAME=oozie_dbuser
    OOZIE_DB_PASSWORD=password

Any help or direction will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi,

As Robert pointed out there might be several issue here:

– JDK 6u31 or higher revision is required, looks like you are using 1.7.

– Please try to install on supported OS:

Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)

Windows Server 2012 (64 bit)

Some additional information can be found here:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-Win-1.1.0/bk_installing_hdp_for_windows/content/win-chap1-2-3.html

Also, for Windows questions/issues please use following forum:

http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/forum/hdp-for-windows/

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Hello,
    Yeah, its single node running on Windows 7. is it that it wont work on windows 7?
    Here’s the error i’m getting in the datanode.err file
    Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
    Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Also the datanode.wrapper file.log
    2013-08-07 15:34:23 – Started 18860
    2013-08-07 15:34:28 – Starting C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_11\bin\java -server -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m -Dhadoop.log.dir=d:\hadoop\logs\hadoop -Dhadoop.log.file=hadoop-datanode-GNAIR.log -Dhadoop.home.dir=D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dhadoop.root.logger=INFO,console,DRFA -Djava.library.path=;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\native\Windows_NT-x86-32 -Dhadoop.policy.file=hadoop-policy.xml -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -classpath D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\conf;C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_11\lib\tools.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\hadoop-ant-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\hadoop-client-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\hadoop-core-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\hadoop-core.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\hadoop-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\hadoop-examples.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\hadoop-minicluster-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\hadoop-test-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\hadoop-test.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\hadoop-tools-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\hadoop-tools.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\activation-1.1.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\asm-3.2.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\aspectjrt-1.6.5.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\aspectjtools-1.6.5.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-beanutils-core-1.8.0.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-cli-1.2.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-codec-1.4.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-collections-3.2.1.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-compress-1.4.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-configuration-1.6.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-daemon-1.0.1.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-digester-1.8.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-el-1.0.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-io-2.1.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-lang-2.4.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-lang3-3.1.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-logging-1.1.1.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-logging-api-1.0.4.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-math-2.1.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\commons-net-1.4.1.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\core-3.1.1.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\hadoop-capacity-scheduler-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\hadoop-fairscheduler-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\hadoop-streaming.jar;D:\hdp\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\hadoop-t

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Member,
    Actually, I see that you are using windows 7, the support platforms listed here are:
    The following operating systems are supported:

Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)

Windows Server 2012 (64 bit)

Please try installing on one of the above supported OS

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Member,
    Looks like you are on a single node. If you try to start the namenode service, can you provide what the error is displayed in the .err file for namenode located in C:\hdp\hadoop\hadoop-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT\bin (if your installation was in c: drive) as well as .wrapper file for namenode? It should give some type of hint.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)