Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox no route to host

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nawfal Tachfine 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jacob Chen

installed and started the sandbox, when try to open the browser with the following address: http://192.168.189.128/
    got an error message:

A communication error occurred: “No route to host”

Any hint?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Nawfal Tachfine
    Participant

Hello folks,
    I had the same problem. I am running the sandbox 2.1 on VMware Player / Windows 7. Tried Everything mentioned above. Setting a host only connexion wasn’t enough to rid me of the connexion error because the VM couldn’t start the new network adapter. It turned out that I had disabled the VMware network adapters on the host machine. Once I enabled them, I got the HDP splash screen immediately. I hope this will help the rest of you.
    Cheers.

Collapse

Larry Liu

Hi, Jacob,

From the network setting of the sandbox, it is only accessible from your local machine.

Larry

Collapse

Jacob Chen

Hi Larry,

Yes, I am able to connect to the sandbox from local pc as long as the pc is disconnect from company’s network. It must be company’s firework block the connection.

Thanks,
    Jacob

Collapse

Larry Liu

Hi, Jacob,

Are you able to connect the sandbox from the local machine where your sandbox installed?

The 2 internet interfaces are hostonly and NAT. It is not accessible from other server. You can verify by trying to ping the ip addresses from other server.

Larry

Collapse

Jacob Chen

Hi Ted,

I tried the other address 192.168.79.128 and still got the same “No route to host” error. The sandbox is working properly when I disconnect from the intranet.

Thanks for your help!

Jacob

Collapse

tedr

Hi Jacob,

Yes it could be caused by your company’s firewall. But, before we give up and say that the firewall is the cause, you should try to connect to the other network card in the Sandbox. You can find out the ip address of the other card by:
    – clicking in the console window of the sandbox (where you see the above mentioned ip),
    – then pressing Alt+F5 key combination,
    – you will be prompted for a login use: username=root password=hadoop
    – once logged in type ‘ifconfig’
    – in the output of the ifconfig command look for a line that has the text ‘inet addr’ followed by an ip address that is different than the one you listed earlier and also not 127.0.0.1.
    – use the ip you find that way to try and connect.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Jacob Chen

Hi Sasha,

Windows 7 64bit
    VMware Player 5.0.2 build-1031769
    Hortonworks Sandbox

I am connecting to company intranet, could it be caused by the intranet firework?

Thanks,

Collapse

Sasha J

Jacob,
    thank you for using Sandbox.
    Please, check if you host system have corresponding interface up (with address 192.168.x.x) and it is exists in your hosts’s routing table.
    Also, some more details could be helpful: what is you host’s OS, what virtualization product you use, etc.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)