Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

No Sandbox Welcome Screen is displayed

Satish T

Hi All,

I have just installed Virtualbox and Sandbox successfully. I have done all the steps with no errors as described in the ‘Installing Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0
    – VirtualBox on Windows’.

When i entered in Chrome i see ‘Data Platform (HDP) 2.1 Sandbox’ screen INSTEAD of the ‘Welcome screen’.

Can some one help me what went wrong?

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author

Hi Satish,
    Is the screen you are referring to a registration screen? Can you provide more detail on what the screen looks like you are presented with? Thank you.

Satish T

Hi Ian,

Yes, first i saw a registration screen, as soon as i hit SUBMIT then i ended up with ‘Welcome to the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 2.1 Sandbox’. screen.

It has three sub headings.
    1. Get started with Hadoop
    2. Try New Features
    3.Dive right in

If i use 8000 then i will see HUE page.

Any clue?

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.