Home Forums YARN NodeManager registering to ResourceManager with Port 0

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nachiketa Shukla 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Subroto Sanyal
    Participant

Hi,

I am running HDP-2.1.2.0 on a two node cluster.
    All the Hadoop daemons are running and I can access the WebUI for all of them but, I am unable to submit jobs to cluster. Even a simple PI job is failing with the following exception:

14/05/13 03:23:21 INFO mapreduce.Job: Job job_1399899195932_0005 failed with state FAILED due to: Application application_1399899195932_0005 failed 2 times due to Error launching appattempt_1399899195932_0005_000002. Got exception: java.net.ConnectException: Call From ip-10-151-121-212/10.151.121.212 to ip-10-73-168-113.ec2.internal:0 failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; For more details see:  http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConnectionRefused
    	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
    	at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.wrapWithMessage(NetUtils.java:783)
    	at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.wrapException(NetUtils.java:730)
    	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1414)
    	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1363)
    	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:206)
    	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy28.startContainers(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.impl.pb.client.ContainerManagementProtocolPBClientImpl.startContainers(ContainerManagementProtocolPBClientImpl.java:96)
    	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.amlauncher.AMLauncher.launch(AMLauncher.java:118)
    	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.amlauncher.AMLauncher.run(AMLauncher.java:249)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
    	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:599)
    	at org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketIOWithTimeout.connect(SocketIOWithTimeout.java:206)

One thing I observed in NodeManager logs and UI, that it is trying to register itself with ResourceManger with Port 0.

2014-05-13 04:13:38,296 INFO  nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl (NodeStatusUpdaterImpl.java:registerWithRM(304)) - Registered with ResourceManager as ip-10-151-121-212.ec2.internal:0 with total resource of <memory:8192, vCores:8>

Is it problem with environment/configuration or the distribution ??

Cheers,
    Subroto Sanyal

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Nachiketa Shukla
    Participant

Seeing exactly the same issue on my 6 node cluster. Using the same version as well.

Collapse

Thanks Subroto. Independently several of our internal teams also ran into this.

We are actively working on this and will push out a fix as part of the next maintenance release. Tx for the help.

Collapse

Subroto Sanyal
    Participant

Hi Vinod,

I have tried this only in EC2 cluster.
    I have tried to make the port fixed at that works but, this was not required previously (HDP-2.0.6) even on EC2.
    Now I am using something like 0.0.0.0:45454 which makes ContainerManager happy. :-)

Thanks for the workaround.

Cheers,
    Subroto Sanyal

Collapse

Hi Subroto,

That’s very weird, we haven’t seen that. Is this only on Ec2? The only possibility from what I can see is that the Jetty server inside the NodeManager failed to bind to an ephemeral port by the time of registration ( a Jetty bug?).

A clear work-around is to set yarn.nodemanager.address to be say 0.0.0.0:12345, where 12345 is a known port. Can you try that?

We still need to debug as to what is happening, but the work-around should unblock you. Let me know what you find. Thanks.

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)