The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

HDP on Windows – Installation Forum

Non-empty mapred.local.dir folders when installing HDP for windows

Aaron Lau

Hello,

I have an error when installing HDP for windows on a Win 2008 R2 Enterprise server. I run the msi with flowing script:

msiexec /i “hdp-win-1.1.msi” /lv “C:\hdp.log” HDP_LAYOUT=”C:\config\clusterproperties.txt” HDP_DIR=”C:\hdp\hadoop” DESTROY_DATA=”yes”

and my clusterproperties.txt file:

#Log directory
    HDP_LOG_DIR=c:\hadoop\logs

#Data directory
    HDP_DATA_DIR=c:\hdp\data

#Hosts (Roles for the host machines in your cluster)
    NAMENODE_HOST=WIN-VQJL83JCM75
    SECONDARY_NAMENODE_HOST=WIN-VQJL83JCM75
    JOBTRACKER_HOST=WIN-VQJL83JCM75
    HIVE_SERVER_HOST=WIN-VQJL83JCM75
    OOZIE_SERVER_HOST=WIN-VQJL83JCM75
    WEBHCAT_HOST=WIN-VQJL83JCM75
    FLUME_HOSTS=WIN-VQJL83JCM75
    HBASE_MASTER=WIN-VQJL83JCM75
    HBASE_REGIONSERVERS=WIN-VQJL83JCM75
    ZOOKEEPER_HOSTS=WIN-VQJL83JCM75
    SLAVE_HOSTS=WIN-VQJL83JCM75

#Database host
    DB_FLAVOR=mssql
    DB_HOSTNAME=WIN-VQJL83JCM75

#Hive properties
    HIVE_DB_NAME=hive
    HIVE_DB_USERNAME=hive
    HIVE_DB_PASSWORD=hive

#Oozie properties
    OOZIE_DB_NAME=oozie
    OOZIE_DB_USERNAME=oozie
    OOZIE_DB_PASSWORD=oozie

But I got this error in hdp-1.3.0.0.winpkg.install.log file:
    HADOOP FAILURE: Non-empty mapred.local.dir folders: C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.3.0.0-winpkg\resources\hadoop-1.2.0.1.3.0.0-0380.winpkg\scripts\InstallApi.psm1:180 字符: 22
    + throw <<<< "Non-empty $property folders: $($nonEmptyFolderList -Join ',')"

can anybody help me?
    Thanks in advance.

• Author
    Replies
    Seth Lyubich

Hi Aaron,

Can you please try setting HDP_DATA_DIR and HDP_DIR to be in non-shared directories (currently in c:\hdp\)?

Please let us know if this resolves your issues.

Thanks,
    Seth

Aaron Lau

Hi Seth,

Thanks for your reply,I hava tried setting HDP_DATA_DIR and HDP_DIR in non-shared directories,but it didn’t work,even setting HDP_DATA-DIR=”D:\hdp\data” and HDP_DIR=”C:\hdp\hadoop”

thanks,
    Aaron

Seth Lyubich

Hi Aaron,

I noticed that you are running the command for HDP 1.1. — msiexec /i “hdp-win-1.1.msi”

Are you trying to re-install HDP 1.1? If yes can you please cleanup all data directories? Also, I wanted to note that HDP 1.3 is out for GA that you might find interesting.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Seth

The forum ‘HDP on Windows – Installation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.