Home Forums Hue Not able to use Hbase thru Hue

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sivagamasundari Veerabahu 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I installed Hue successfully on my 2 node cluster.
    My replication factor is 3.
    I am able to access/run hive, pig jobs thru Hue.
    But getting an error when trying to browse a Hbase table and also getting an error when running anything from Hbase shell prompt on Hue.

Hbase shell is working fine from the server but not from Hue.

Hbase is installed in server1 , where as Hue is installed on server2
    When Hbase shell prompt is invoked on Hue and type list I get the below error

SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/lib/zookeeper/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.

ERROR: Failed to create local dir /opt/openv/hadoop/hbase/local/jars, DynamicClassLoader failed to init

Why ?
    I made the changes to core-site.xml thru Ambari

hadoop.proxyuser.hue.hosts

hadoop.proxyuser.hue.groups

hadoop.proxyuser.hcat.groups

hadoop.proxyuser.hcat.hosts

And webhcat-site.xml

webhcat.proxyuser.hue.hosts

webhcat.proxyuser.hue.groups

Please advice

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Thanks Dave ,
    Will post in hbase forum

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

So you will be able to connect Tableau to the HBase rest server if you have it started.
    If you have a server where the HBase Master or Region Server is installed then you can start it. If it is on the Ambari server then the default port 8080 will conflict with the Ambari port and you will have to specify the port which it should listen on. This is really moving on from Hue and I would suggest posting in the HBase forum.

Dave

Collapse

I am surprised u ask that, cause in the Ambari install document for HDP 2, I see the below on the assign slave section
    I don’t understand what it is, and I see that Tableau connects to HBase rest server, thru which I can show the business a visual display of hbase.
    That’s why I am curious to know what Rest server is and is it installed as a part of Ambari ? Etc

“As an option you can start the HBase REST server manually after the install
    process is complete. It can be started on any host that has the HBase Master
    or the Region Server installed. If you attempt to start it on the same host as
    the Ambari server, however, you need to start it with the -p option, as its
    default port is 8080 and that conflicts with the Ambari Web default port.”

Thanks

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

Currently Hue does not support HBase browsing.
    I don’t understand what you mean by the REST server for HBase.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

Currently Hue does not support HBase browsing.
    I don’t understand what you mean by the REST server for HBase.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Dave,
    Is there a way to browse Hbase data thru GUI ?
    As the Hue HCatalog works only for HIve.
    I tried Tableau to connect to Hbase,to show the business, downloaded the Simba ODBC Connector for Hbase, but looks like it needs the Rest server to be running.
    Is the REST server for Hbase installed as a part of HDP2 thru Ambari ? or is it a separate install?

Thanks

Collapse

Dave

Hi Ramirez,

This is because the video you are watching is from Cloudera’s version of Hue.
    Hortonworks run version 2.2 of Hue.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Ramirez Quetzal
    Participant

I see the Hue HBase Browser video http://gethue.tumblr.com/post/59071544309/the-web-ui-for-hbase-hbase-browser but not in my sandbox ? How do I get it ?

Collapse

Dave,
    Yes, Thanks, its working now meaning, I am able to use the Hbase shell on Hue and list and scan tables.
    But I am not able to Browse the Hbase table thru HCatalog. Table lists all the tables including HIve and Hbase.
    HCatalog browse works fine with Hive tables.. but not with Hbase.
    Does HCatalog is used only for Hive ?
    Is there a way to browse Hbase data thru GUI ?

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

Please ensure your Hue.ini is setup correctly.
    Can you run the hbase shell directly on the HUE machine – log into the machine as root and run ‘hbase’ does it work – if it does, then the Hue.ini is not configured correctly, if it doesn’t then its an environmental issue on the machine.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)