Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox ODBC connection problem

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Wade Walker 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Wade Walker
    Participant

I have followed the tutorial to the letter, and have created a system DSN as instructed, but none of my tools (Excel (2010), Lumira, Microstrategy desktop) can see the DSN I have created with the Hortonworks ODBC driver..

I have reviewed several of the posts on this forum and have tried several things, but still no luck.

The driver I downloaded from the Hortonworks site was difficult to find. Ultimately, I found HortonworksHiveODBC64.msi, downloaded and executed it.

I have also tried to connect through JDBC using hive-jdbc-0.10.0.jar with no luck.

I have spent hours on this and am pretty fed up…any suggestions?? Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Wade Walker
    Participant

Another update : the problem was that I was using 64 bit ODBC with 32 bit apps. I downloaded the 32 bit driver and it became visible.

now I have a new problem…when connecting with client tools I get this aerror : “(34) error from hive : could not resolve host for client socket”

I cannot find any references that are of any use on the forum or the web in general… any help??

Collapse

Wade Walker
    Participant

Further on this, what is bizarre is it seems that the Hortonworks ODBC (v1.3..it was all I could find) is not visible…”Choose data source” it is not there. If I choose “New Data Source”, every other ODBC known to man appears as an option…except Hortonworks….

I repeat : this driver IS installed….but it just seems not to be visible!

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)