HDFS Forum

Offline image viewer on HDP image files

Charles Earl

On first glance it does not seem that the Offline Image Viewer (OIV) tool is distributed with HDP 1.2. I have been able to successfully run OIV from hadoop-2.0.3-alpha on an fsimage file from the sandbox virtual machine. Should I assume that use of OIV is stable for HDP 1.2 (and above) HDFS image files?

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Yi Zhang

Hi Charles,

I am not sure if it is stable for HDP. Perhaps more authoritative answer can be provided from Microsoft’s HDInsight forum

The topic ‘Offline image viewer on HDP image files’ is closed to new replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.