Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Oozie error when using MSSQL as database

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

James Bashforth
    Participant

Hi,
    I have installed HDP on Windows 2012 and am using a separate MS SQL Server 2012 server to host the Hive_Metastore and Oozie_Metastore. Oozie seems to have some problems and keeps throwing SQL exceptions that the login is denied. the errors in the below. I have checked the user accounts and passwords and it is correct. I have concluded its not a connection issue as the Hive_metastore has been created and is working. any help please. this is the last component I have to getting my cluster up and running.

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user ‘oozie’.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi James,

Did you figure out why oozie would not connect to MSSQL 2012?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Dave

Hi James,

Have you checked the logs on the SQL Server side? These should tell you that if the connection is reaching the SQL Server and the result of the problem – be it incorrect credentials or if you’re using a mixed mode authentication, or perhaps the username is being scrubbed by the jdbc connector.

I would check here and look first,

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)