Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Oozie failing to install – can I retry when other services are running?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sivagamasundari Veerabahu 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I installed HDP2 thru Ambari, everything is working fine,
    The only problem I have now is ,the ooze in dashboard is telling that it’s failed to install, but the install wizard says it installed fine.
    Not sure which is right, so obviously I don’t have an option to start Oozie,it gives me an option to reinstall
    1. Can I try to reinstall the Oozie from the dashboard when other services are up and running? Because everything else is working fine.
    2. Why did the install wizard say that the Oozie is installed ? Is there a way to check this.?
    I will start a separate thread for this one.
    Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Oozie failing to install – can I retry when other services are running?’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Dave,
    Thanks for the advice, I removed the pid from var/run and tried the -re-install option from Ambari and it worked !!!
    All services are up and running now including Oozie.

One final question, I wanted the GUI interface that the sandbox offered, I was assuming Hue will be installed as a part of HDP2.0 stack, But doesnt look like.
    Is this true ? Do I manually need to install Hue? is not included on HDP2.0 install thru ambari ?
    I will open a separate thread for this.

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

Without the install logs it will make it difficult to understand what happened when it deployed it.
    I would say check if oozie is running – ps -ef | grep oozie
    Then you could remove the oozie directories and user, and then try and re-install it.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Dave,
    Yes. I do see all the files under etc/Oozie/conf which means that it installed fine like the wizard said.
    But not sure why the Ambari is complaining that it is not.
    Can I try to reinstall as you suggested while the other services are running ? Or do I need to stop them.?
    Also what happens if it tries to reinstall when it’s already installed?

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

You can check to see on your oozie server if you have oozie installed /etc/oozie/conf
    Although if Ambari doesn’t think it is installed, then it wont be in Ambari’s database. This means it wont be able to control Oozie.
    I would try and re-install it and see if that works.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)