Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Oozie smoke test is getting failed

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Tanzir
    Participant

notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snappy::Package/Hdp::Snappy::Package::Ln[32]/Hdp::Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-oozie::Oozie::Service_check/Hdp-oozie::Smoke_shell_file[oozieSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/oozieSmoke.sh]/returns: Moved to trash: hdfs://ip-10-0-0-75:8020/user/ambari-qa/examples
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-oozie::Oozie::Service_check/Hdp-oozie::Smoke_shell_file[oozieSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/oozieSmoke.sh]/returns: Moved to trash: hdfs://ip-10-0-0-75:8020/user/ambari-qa/input-data
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-oozie::Oozie::Service_check/Hdp-oozie::Smoke_shell_file[oozieSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/oozieSmoke.sh]/returns: Error: IO_ERROR : java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-oozie::Oozie::Service_check/Hdp-oozie::Smoke_shell_file[oozieSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/oozieSmoke.sh]/returns: Invalid sub-command: Missing argument for option: info
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-oozie::Oozie::Service_check/Hdp-oozie::Smoke_shell_file[oozieSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/oozieSmoke.sh]/returns:
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-oozie::Oozie::Service_check/Hdp-oozie::Smoke_shell_file[oozieSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/oozieSmoke.sh]/returns: use ‘help [sub-command]‘ for help details
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-oozie::Oozie::Service_check/Hdp-oozie::Smoke_shell_file[oozieSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/oozieSmoke.sh]/returns: Invalid sub-command: Missing argument for option: info
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-oozie::Oozie::Service_check/Hdp-oozie::Smoke_shell_file[oozieSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/oozieSmoke.sh]/returns:
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-oozie::Oozie::Service_check/Hdp-oozie::Smoke_shell_file[oozieSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/oozieSmoke.sh]/returns: use ‘help [sub-command]‘ for help details
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-oozie::Oozie::Service_check/Hdp-oozie::Smoke_shell_file[oozieSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/oozieSmoke.sh]/returns: workflow_status=
    err: /Stage[2]/Hdp-oozie::Oozie::Service_check/Hdp-oozie::Smoke_shell_file[oozieSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/oozieSmoke.sh]/returns: change from notrun to 0 failed: sh /tmp/oozieSmoke.sh /etc/oozie/conf /etc/hadoop/conf ambari-qa false /etc/security/keytabs/smokeuser.headless.keytab EXAMPLE.COM jt/ip-10-0-0-76@EXAMPLE.COM nn/ip-10-0-0-75@EXAMPLE.COM returned 1 instead of one of [0] at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-oozie/manifests/oozie/service_check.pp:63
    notice: Finished catalog run in 46.68 seconds
    —————————————————————-

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Oozie smoke test is getting failed’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Tanzir,

I’m glad you got it all resolved.
    I was scratching my head wondering what would cause the loss of the schema – but that explains it!

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Tanzir
    Participant

Hi Dave,
    Thanks a lot for your help. I have found the issue. When I created those instances for HDP, I forgot to remove ephemeral storage from the instance. So what happened then that during installation the Oozie data directory was pointed to /mnt/hadoop/oozie/data by default. I thought unless I mention during installation, it will not use /mnt point for oozie or other services.

As a result, after I stop/start the instance all data in that mount point (ephemeral storage) got lost and hence Oozie didn’t find the schema. This is also the reason behind the issue with the namenode formatting (my other thread related to HDFS).

To be sure about that, I just installed HDP 1.3.2 again in another cluster and this time I removed ephemeral storage from the instances. So, this time Oozie data path is pointed to /hadoop/oozie/data. Now everything seems working and even “Start All” and “Stop All” buttons are working as expected. Namenode issue also resolved now.

Thanks again,

- Tanzir

Collapse

Dave

Hi Tanzir,

Unfortunately I don’t know what would be causing this apart from an environmental issue with EC2.
    I’ll dig around and let you know if I find out anything

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Tanzir
    Participant

I found out the issue. If I shutdown the instance (Amazon EC2) and start again, it will erase the schema again. Every time I start the instance, I need to create the schema manually. How to prevent this from happening? Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
    - Tanzir

Collapse

Tanzir
    Participant

I choose “New Derby Database” and I saw create=true but still it didn’t create the schema.

jdbc:derby:${oozie.data.dir}/${oozie.db.schema.name}-db;create=true

Tanzir

Collapse

Dave

Hi Tanzir,

Did you select “New database” in Ambari and MySQL?
    Did you choose existing database for Hive?

It should create it as part of the installer (unless the ;create=true is missed off the jdbc connection for oozie)

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Tanzir
    Participant

I had to manually create the schema for oozie:

[root@ip-10-0-0-149 db]# su -l oozie
    [oozie@ip-10-0-0-149 ~]$ /usr/lib/oozie/bin/ooziedb.sh create -run

Now it seems working and smoke test is getting passed. Any idea why I need to manually create the schema for oozie?

Thanks again.

Collapse

Tanzir
    Participant

Hi Dave,
    It’s showing red on Ambari. And the url:

http://{oozie.full.hostname}:11000/oozie -> public IP address of the oozie server

is not working.

Collapse

Koelli Mungee

Hi Tanzir,

Let’s just take a step back here. At this point is the oozie server up and showing green on Ambari or can you grep the pid? If so, can you browse the oozie server?

http://{oozie.full.hostname}:11000/oozie

Thanks,
    Koelli

Collapse

Tanzir
    Participant

From the oozie.log:

2013-09-26 22:08:00,659 FATAL Services:533 – Runtime Exception during Services Load. Check your list of ‘oozie.services’ or ‘oozie.services.ext’
    2013-09-26 22:08:00,665 FATAL Services:533 – USER[-] GROUP[-] TOKEN[-] APP[-] JOB[-] ACTION[-] E0103: Could not load service classes, Schema ‘OOZIE’ does not exist {SELECT t0.bean_type, t0.conf, t0.console_url, t0.cred, t0.data, t0.error_code, t0.error_message, t0.external_child_ids, t0.external_id, t0.external_status, t0.name, t0.retries, t0.stats, t0.tracker_uri, t0.transition, t0.type, t0.user_retry_count, t0.user_retry_interval, t0.user_retry_max, t0.end_time, t0.execution_path, t0.last_check_time, t0.log_token, t0.pending, t0.pending_age, t0.signal_value, t0.sla_xml, t0.start_time, t0.status, t0.wf_id FROM WF_ACTIONS t0 WHERE t0.bean_type = ? AND t0.id = ?} [code state="42Y07" language="30000,"][/code]
    org.apache.oozie.service.ServiceException: E0103: Could not load service classes, Schema ‘OOZIE’ does not exist {SELECT t0.bean_type, t0.conf, t0.console_url, t0.cred, t0.data, t0.error_code, t0.error_message, t0.external_child_ids, t0.external_id, t0.external_status, t0.name, t0.retries, t0.stats, t0.tracker_uri, t0.transition, t0.type, t0.user_retry_count, t0.user_retry_interval, t0.user_retry_max, t0.end_time, t0.execution_path, t0.last_check_time, t0.log_token, t0.pending, t0.pending_age, t0.signal_value, t0.sla_xml, t0.start_time, t0.status, t0.wf_id FROM WF_ACTIONS t0 WHERE t0.bean_type = ? AND t0.id = ?} [code state="42Y07" language="30000,"][/code]
    at org.apache.oozie.service.Services.loadServices(Services.java:291)
    at org.apache.oozie.service.Services.init(Services.java:208)
    at org.apache.oozie.servlet.ServicesLoader.contextInitialized(ServicesLoader.java:39)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4206)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4705)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:799)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:779)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:601)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:675)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:601)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:502)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1317)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:324)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:142)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1065)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:840)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1057)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(

Collapse

Tanzir
    Participant

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for your response. Yes, I’m running HDP 1.3.2 and I used Ambari to install the cluster on Amazon EC2 (inside a VPC).

Collapse

Dave

Hi Tanzir,

Are you running in a secured (Kerberos) cluster?
    This is HDP 1.3.2 ?
    Did you use Ambari to install the cluster?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Tanzir
    Participant

Sorry, I missed the part “hdp-nagios” in the middle, apology. After applying the patch, I’m still getting the same error.

Thanks in advance.

Collapse

Tanzir
    Participant

I have applied the patch https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-2879. I DO NOT think the document http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.3.2/bk_releasenotes_hdp_1.x/content/ch_relnotes-hdp1.3.2_5_oozie.html is 100% correct. On point 2, it mentions “Replace /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-nagios/files/check_oozie_status.sh with the downloaded file.” but after a fresh install there was not any check_oozie_status.sh file at all. It had only two files oozieSmoke.sh and wrap_ooziedb.sh.

Thanks in advance.

Collapse
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)