Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Oozie test failed

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sasha J 2 years ago.

• Creator
    Topic

elena diez

I am trying to install hmc in a single node cluster with all services. During the deploy, oozie test fails.
    Executing: grep fail /var/log/puppet_apply.log
    I get the following: Thu Nov 01 11:31:54 +0000 2012 /Stage[2]/Hdp-oozie::Oozie::Service_check/Hdp-oozie::Smoke_shell_file[oozieSmoke.sh]/Exec[/tmp/oozieSmoke.sh]/returns (err): change from notrun to 0 failed: sh /tmp/oozieSmoke.sh /etc/oozie/conf /etc/hadoop/conf ambari_qa returned 1 instead of one of [0] at /etc/puppet/agent/modules/hdp-oozie/manifests/oozie/service_check.pp:52

The cluster installs and deploys when I select only the basic services.

Can anybody help me?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Sasha J

Elena,
    Just wondering, what OS it was built on before you “decided to rebuild the 3 servers with CentOS 6″?
    Also, in the beginning of the thread, you said: “I am trying to install hmc in a single node cluster”, at the end it is 3 servers…
    Could you please give us some deeper explanation on what are you trying to do?

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

tedr

Thanks for letting us know.

Collapse

elena diez

Hi there!,
    in the end i decided to rebuild the 3 servers with CentOS 6, and then following exactly the same steps that i did before, it worked,

thank you anyway :)

Collapse

Sasha J

Elena,
    that ftp site is a dropbox, it allows only writes into it, you can not get file listing.
    This is why FileZilla failed, as it always trying to read the directory content.
    just use command line ftp client, login to the server and execute command “put file”.
    it will be uploaded to the place.
    Then let us know of the file name.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

elena diez

Hi, still not working for me,
    i am trying with FileZilla

Collapse

tedr

Elena,

This is strange, when I try I get in no problem. Maybe the server was having a problem when you were trying, do you still get the same error? Are you using command line ftp or another ftp client?

Ted

Collapse

elena diez

Hi,
    i am trying to connect to the ftp to upload the output file, but it says:
    Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing.

thanks.

Collapse

tedr

Elena,

It is hard to tell exactly what is going on from just that small snippet, can you follow the instructions here

http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/hmc-installation-support-help-us-help-you/

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

elena diez

I’ve also tried to install all services except oozie and it works.

Collapse
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)