Home Forums Hue oozie workflow fails on submit from hue

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

D Blair Elzinga
    Participant

I have a shared workflow that works fine when run as the owner as the workflow from hue. But if I launch it from another user account, then I get the following error:

Failed to access deployment directory.

AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=zing, access=READ_EXECUTE, inode=”/user/hue/oozie/workspaces/_mapred_-oozie-2614-1394040961.07″:mapred:hue:drwx–x–x (error 403)

The python code /usr/lib/hue/desktop/libs/liboozie/src/liboozie/submittion.py doesn’t try to create the directory using a “doas” call, but rather just gets the owner (mapred in this case) to create the deployment directory, and then tries to access the directory (to copy files there for submit) using the current user.

Looks like a bug to me, or perhaps I misunderstand the intent of hue an what it does with permissions. The python code has HARDCODED directory permissions for the directory created as 711 (!?why?) . If hue doesn’t want anyone but the owner to be able to submit a workflow, why doesn’t it just check that first before creating an empty directory that then just gets left lying there?

I would expect that a shared workflow could be submitted by anyone that had permission to read it.

Also note that even though it is a shared workflow, I’m unable to copy it from Hue as well.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi,

Can you output here:

hadoop version
    rpm -qa | grep hue

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Patrick Alexander
    Participant

I have same problem too, any solution yet ?

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)