Home Forums MapReduce Permission Error with MapReduce

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gehhrald 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

gehhrald

Hi, I have an error while running the mapreduce jar file in Eclipse Kelper. I have 2 slaves set up using Hortonworks CentOS and 1 Master set up in my Virtual Machine.

Here is the error message from Eclipse console:

13/11/01 10:51:03 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
    13/11/01 10:51:03 ERROR security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:Viewer cause:java.io.IOException: Failed to set permissions of path: \tmp\hadoop-(myusername)\mapred\staging\(myusername)1688921109\.staging to 0700
    Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Failed to set permissions of path: \tmp\hadoop-(myusername)\mapred\staging\(myusername)1688921109\.staging to 0700
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.checkReturnValue(FileUtil.java:691)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.setPermission(FileUtil.java:664)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.setPermission(RawLocalFileSystem.java:514)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.mkdirs(RawLocalFileSystem.java:349)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.mkdirs(FilterFileSystem.java:192)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmissionFiles.getStagingDir(JobSubmissionFiles.java:126)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:942)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:936)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1232)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJobInternal(JobClient.java:936)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:910)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:1353)
    at hdfs.HashMapReduce.main(HashMapReduce.java:78)

The code i’m running is the wordcount v1.0 example given on Apache Hadoop website:

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.1/mapred_tutorial.html

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

gehhrald

Hi,

Thanks for the link. I’m unable to run the example successfully on the HDP cluster. However, I tried the “hadoop-examples.jar” to run the wordcount and it works inside the HDP. Still can’t solve the permission issue despite trying the solution in the link provided by Koelli.

Cheers,
    Gerald

Collapse

Koelli Mungee

Hi,

Are you able to run the same example successfully on your HDP Cluster. Perhaps you may be hitting the same issue documented in this jira. Can you have a look?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8089

Regards
    Koelli

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)