Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox problem getting the ip address from my virtual box instance ( 127.0.0.1:8888) accessed through Firefox v26 browser

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  janhess 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jeff Johnston
    Participant

Cheryle, I am having a problem getting the ip address from my virtual box instance ( 127.0.0.1:8888) accessed through Firefox v26 browser. Your sandbox is up and running fine in virtualbox. I am running VirtualBox on a Win8.0 instance with Bitdefender’s firewall ( MS firewall disabled). I have permissioned the 127.0.0.1 and all browsers with full access in Bitdefender, so that should not be the problem. I also have turned bd completely off and still cannot get any browser (Chrome or Firefox) to access the 127……
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    jeff j

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘problem getting the ip address from my virtual box instance ( 127.0.0.1:8888) accessed through Firefox v26 browser’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

janhess
    Participant

The problem was with the legacy version 1.3. Using 2.0 works ok.

Collapse

Jeff Johnston
    Participant

Jan, here is a link to Oracles virtual Box forums as well, still working on the issue at hand. Jeff https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewforum.php?f=2

Collapse

janhess
    Participant

I’ve got the same problem running on Windows 7 using vmware player.

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

hi Jeff,

Can you try booting the Sandbox without a network connection? The Sandbox pulls the most current tutorial content from GitHub. Sometimes that’s a stumbling block for some browsers, firewalls, etc.

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)