Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Problem importing sandbox image

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Frank Harland 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Frank Harland
    Participant

Het is niet gelukt appliance /Users/CloseSure/VirtualBox VMs/Hortonworks+Sandbox+2.0+VirtualBox.ova te importeren.

Could not create the clone medium ‘/Users/CloseSure/VirtualBox VMs/Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0/Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 VirtualBox-disk1.vmdk’.

Hi,

I encounter a problem when I import the archive file: Hortonworks+Sandbox+2.0+VirtualBox.ova. I run on a macbook pro with 16 GB of memory with VirtualBox 4.3.

VMDK: Compressed image is corrupted ‘//Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 VirtualBox-disk1.vmdk’ (VERR_ZIP_CORRUPTED).

Resultaatcode:VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
    Component:Appliance
    Interface:IAppliance {3059cf9e-25c7-4f0b-9fa5-3c42e441670b}

I tried to download and install it again with the same result.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Problem importing sandbox image’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Frank Harland
    Participant

Thanks, it’s working now.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Frank,

I used this link just the other day and imported it successfully on Virtual Box for Mac:

http://d1ekw1iaw660be.cloudfront.net/Hortonworks+Sandbox+2.0+VirtualBox.ova

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Frank Harland
    Participant

Hello Dave, thanks for your very quick response. I used Chromium 64 bit version on the mac, still gave me this problem. Will use alternative browser, or, if you have an url for an ftp download, I could use that.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Frank,

Google Chrome can corrupt the download as it is over 2GB.
    If you use Internet Explorer then you should find that the image is successful.
    Also check here for the md5 checksums:

http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/checksum-to-verify-sandbox-download-integrity/

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)