Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Problem with Hortonwork Sandbox & Ambari

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gehhrald 12 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

gehhrald

Hi all,

I’m running on win7 professional, using the sandbox, Hortonworks-Sandbox-1.3-VirtualBox, which I got from the website.

Before I tried setting up Ambari, my Hortonwork Sandbox works perfectly. I can access the hue interface. This is based on the NAT network configuration on my virtualbox. After I followed the Ambari tutorial, I changed my network configuration on my virtual box to ‘Host-Only’ and input the ip address I obtained from ‘ifconfig’ of eth0. Now, i’m ambari is working, however, I’m unable to access the hue interface and the tutorials on hives and pigs. Did I configure something wrongly? Sorry, I’m new to this and trying to learn more on how hadoop works.

Thanks in advance,
    Gerald

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

gehhrald

Hi Arun,

The bridged adapter works for me. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Gerald

Collapse

Hi,

Other than you followed the documents is there any specific reason. You have tried using host-only option?
    If not then I would suggest to give a try with the bridge adapter.

Regards
    Arun

Collapse

gehhrald

Hi Sasha,

Thank you so much for the document. Really appreciate all of your help.

Cheers,
    Gerald.

Collapse

Sasha J

Gerald,
    take a look on this document.
    It could be useful for you:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.2.0/bk_Monitoring_Hadoop_Book/content/monitor-chap1.html

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

gehhrald

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the help. I’m still unable to log in using the username hue and password 1111. However I somehow managed to log in using the default username and password “admin” now. I’m now messing around with Ambari, and I’m just curious if there’s like any guide/written report, on the proper usage of ambari.

Cheers,
    Gerald.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Gerald,

Are you able to get into the Hue interface with username hue password 1111 ? when you set up Ambari did you give it a different name to use?

thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

gehhrald

Hi,

I managed to get both hue and ambari working, however, I’m unable to look in to Ambari using the default user/password of “admin”. Is there a work around?

Collapse
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)