Home Forums Pig problem with packepig and geoip

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  abdelrahman 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

hi everybody,

I recently had a problem with packetpig
    I followed the tutorial : https://github.com/packetloop/packetpig/blob/master/README.md

when I try to visualize with globe for example : pig -x local -f pig/globe/globe-snort.pig -param pcap=data/web.pcap, I have the following error :
    2013-09-15 23:51:30,730 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt – ERROR 1000: Error during parsing. could not instantiate ‘com.packetloop.packetpig.udf.geoip.LatLon’ with arguments ‘null

in the logs :
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: could not instantiate ‘com.packetloop.packetpig.udf.geoip.LatLon’ with arguments ‘null’
    at org.apache.pig.impl.PigContext.instantiateFuncFromSpec(PigContext.java:502)
    at org.apache.pig.impl.PigContext.instantiateFuncFromSpec(PigContext.java:508)
    at org.apache.pig.impl.PigContext.instantiateFuncFromAlias(PigContext.java:531)
    at org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.parser.QueryParser.EvalFuncSpec(QueryParser.java:5528)
    … 25 more
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: GeoLiteCity.dat (No such file or directory)
    at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.RandomAccessFile.(RandomAccessFile.java:233)
    at com.maxmind.geoip.LookupService.(LookupService.java:303)
    at com.maxmind.geoip.LookupService.(LookupService.java:288)
    at com.packetloop.packetpig.udf.geoip.LatLon.(LatLon.java:21)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:532)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:374)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:327)

seems to be a java geoIP problem
    is there anyone that has ever seen this problem ?

kind regards

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

abdelrahman

Hi Philippe,

I did not see the error before, but it is complaining about the following file which does not exist:
    GeoLiteCity.dat

I found some instruction to obtain the file and set it up. Here is the link:

http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/legacy/install/city/

Thanks
    -Abdelrahman

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)