Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation Problem with set up of Spring XD in HDP

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Deepak Bitragunta 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Deepak Bitragunta
    Participant

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. My goal is to run the sentimental analysis on real time twitter data. I feel that I am making this task complex with Spring XD. What do you suggest I should use for getting the real time data into the Sandbox ? Shall I go for Apache flume?

-Deepak.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Deepak,

Sorry I meant just run ifconfig / I’ve been thinking in Windows mode for too long.
    Can you not run multiple VMs as if you setup the networking correctly then the machines should be able to talk to each other.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Deepak Bitragunta
    Participant

Hello Dave,

This is the result I got.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6LfaGfZj1cWbjdoZlItYUpJbjQ/edit?usp=sharing

By the way, I am wondering whether I can really use this Spring XD example. This is because, I am using a windows 8.1 and I am planning to run Spring XD in Cent OS in virtual box. I don’t think this will work because, the spring XD server and shell should run in separate terminal windows. As per my knowledge, this is not possible in Sandbox of Horton Works.
    Please correct me if I made any wrong assumptions about this example.

Thanks,
    Deepak.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Deepak,

When you launch the sandbox and log into the console (root / hadoop) if you run “ifconfig -all” what is the output?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)