Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Problem with uploading sample data

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi, I have downloaded the hoortonworks sandbox and going through the tutorial. To start with the tutorial has a link to download the NYSE file. I downloaded the file and using the file browser/upload option I tried to upload the file into sandbox. Once I select the file and click on open the page stands still and I did not see the file getting uploaded.

If you can help me uploading the file that will be of great help. Thanks in advance. Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Vijeiyan,

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to get the files uploaded.

Ted.

Collapse

Hi Tedr,
    Thanks for responding back. I was able to upload the data into sandbox by using safari. I am not sure what is the problem with explorer. Fortunately I tried a different browser just by looking at few forum queries stating some of their problems resolved by using chrome.

Anyways thanks for the response.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Vijeiyan,

Thanks for trying out the Hortonworks Sandbox.

If you are running the Sandbox on a Macintosh host, please make sure that automatic expanding of .tgz files is turned off.

Also as this is not an installation issue, this would have been more appropriate in the Sandbox forum.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)