Home Forums Hive / HCatalog Problems in tutorial 3

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Narendran R 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Dennis Young

hey guys,
    I was going through the sandbox tutorial 3 and executed:

create table temp_batting (col_value STRING);

and

LOAD DATA INPATH ‘/user/sandbox/Batting.csv’ OVERWRITE INTO TABLE temp_batting;

I checked the file browser and found the Batting.csv was consumed but the temp_batting is still empty.

any clues on this?
    thx

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Narendran R
    Participant

LOAD DATA INPATH ‘/user/hue/Batting.csv’ OVERWRITE INTO TABLE temp_batting;

is not loading the contents of the .csv file, even though the file is consumed by hive, but temp_batting is empty., Please help.
    P.S : Moderator, i like this tutorial very much, these kind of errors making me to stall at one place. Please clear my doubt.

Collapse

Rajan Thiyagarajan
    Participant

I too have the same problem for Tutorial 3. I have uploaded the file ‘Batting.csv’ to /user/hue/.
    But when I execute the query LOAD DATA INPATH ‘/user/hue/Batting.csv’ OVERWRITE INTO TABLE temp_batting; temp_batting is still empty. Batting.csv was deleted after execution.

Please help.

Collapse

Yi Zhang

Hi Dennis,

is there a problem with the fields format, or the data typing from the csv file?

Thanks,
    Yi

Collapse

Clark Updike
    Participant

Try this: LOAD DATA INPATH ‘/user/hue/Batting.csv’ OVERWRITE INTO TABLE temp_batting;

You can use the file browser (one of the icons at the top) to see the actual path.

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)