Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation puppet error – Denying access: Forbidden request:

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sasha J 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I am trying to setup a simple 2 node cluster.
    1 node management console.
    1 node data node..

Console is a fresh install of centos6 desktop min.
    data node is a frsh install of centos6 min.

I am getting this puppet error on both machines..
    hu Oct 04 10:54:27 -0400 2012 Puppet (warning): Denying access: Forbidden request: managment.console.hortonworks(192.168.20.5) access to /run/management.console.hortonworks [save] at line 1
    Thu Oct 04 10:54:27 -0400 2012 Puppet (err): Forbidden request: managment.console.hortonworks(192.168.20.5) access to /run/management.console.hortonworks [save] at line 1
    Thu Oct 04 10:54:38 -0400 2012 access[/run] (info): defaulting to no access for managment.console.hortonworks
    Thu Oct 04 10:54:38 -0400 2012 Puppet (warning): Denying access: Forbidden request: managment.console.hortonworks(192.168.20.5) access to /run/management.console.hortonworks [save] at line 1

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Brad Messerle

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Sasha J

to test puppet you can use “puppet kick –ping” command.
    Google for puppet documentation, it presents it very clear and with the good samples.
    Looks also at this post:

http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/hmc-installation-support-help-us-help-you/

Collapse

Is there a way to test puppet? by hand?

Collapse

Why would DNS fobar Puppet auth?

This is environment is new. New network, new install of both console and node client.
    I made sure all the dns names can be resolved and return the correct ip address.

thx

Collapse

Sasha J

When you introduce DNS, it may be the problems with Puppet authentication…

Collapse

To a T. :)

We are sort of new to Hortonworks. We first got it working with just using the hosts file.

This installation the network is a little more robust. Installed a DNS Server.
    Yes FQDN is working great along with reverse dns lookups.

I will go thru those links to see if I missed anything.
    thx

Collapse
    Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)