The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

puppet error – Denying access: Forbidden request:

I am trying to setup a simple 2 node cluster.
    1 node management console.
    1 node data node..

Console is a fresh install of centos6 desktop min.
    data node is a frsh install of centos6 min.

I am getting this puppet error on both machines..
    hu Oct 04 10:54:27 -0400 2012 Puppet (warning): Denying access: Forbidden request: managment.console.hortonworks(192.168.20.5) access to /run/management.console.hortonworks [save] at line 1
    Thu Oct 04 10:54:27 -0400 2012 Puppet (err): Forbidden request: managment.console.hortonworks(192.168.20.5) access to /run/management.console.hortonworks [save] at line 1
    Thu Oct 04 10:54:38 -0400 2012 access[/run] (info): defaulting to no access for managment.console.hortonworks
    Thu Oct 04 10:54:38 -0400 2012 Puppet (warning): Denying access: Forbidden request: managment.console.hortonworks(192.168.20.5) access to /run/management.console.hortonworks [save] at line 1

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Brad Messerle

• Author
    Replies

To a T. :)

We are sort of new to Hortonworks. We first got it working with just using the hosts file.

This installation the network is a little more robust. Installed a DNS Server.
    Yes FQDN is working great along with reverse dns lookups.

I will go thru those links to see if I missed anything.
    thx

Sasha J

When you introduce DNS, it may be the problems with Puppet authentication…

Why would DNS fobar Puppet auth?

This is environment is new. New network, new install of both console and node client.
    I made sure all the dns names can be resolved and return the correct ip address.

thx

Is there a way to test puppet? by hand?

Sasha J

to test puppet you can use “puppet kick –ping” command.
    Google for puppet documentation, it presents it very clear and with the good samples.
    Looks also at this post:
    http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/hmc-installation-support-help-us-help-you/

The forum ‘HDP on Linux – Installation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.