Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Puppet recipe

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sasha J 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

gtenagli

Hi,
    I already use puppet to manage the nodes where I’m going to deploy HDP, so I cannot use the Ambari method as I would lose all the centralised configuration I have in place.

Of course at the same time I would like to fully “puppetise” the installation, in order to be able to quickly provision new nodes etc.

Do you know if it is possible to get a puppet recipe/class ready to be added to my puppet master? I will then tailor it to my needs. This will dramatically speed up setting up a proof of concept cluster and demonstrating the feasibility.

Thanks,
    G

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Sasha J

Giacomo,
    Puppet planned to be decommissioned in the future releases…
    So, I do not think there will be any dedicated puppet module…

Sorry about this.
    Sasha

Collapse

gtenagli

BTW is something like ready-made puppet manifests planned for the future? It would be great to have a dedicated puppet module for instance.

Cheers
    Giacomo

Collapse

gtenagli

Hi Sasha,
    thanks for your answer. I will check the installation of HMC to evaluate how complicated it is to migrate the puppet manifests to my setup. If it doesn’t work/is too complex I will do a manual installation (that’s what I was actually doing at the moment), translating the various parts of the installation manual into puppet.

Cheers,
    Giacomo

Collapse

Sasha J

Giacomo,
    current HMC release is not supporting “outside” puppet…
    You can use manual installation, or gsInstaller installation and then incorporate it to your own puppet.
    Or, you can install by HMC on 2 – 3 nodes and then migrate produced puppet recipes and manifests to your own puppet.
    Unfortunately, there is no other way for doing this at this time.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)