This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  S R 8 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

S R
    Participant

I installed HDP 2.0 in Win 2012 Standard R2 Server as a Single Node Cluster. Downloaded the latest Python software 3.4.0 and JDK 1.8.0 Smoke Tests were failing (following err message) and I went to command line and tried the following command to see existing databases

c:\hdp\hcatalog-0.12.0.2.0.6.0-0009\bin>hcat.py -e “Show Databases”
    File “C:\hdp\hcatalog-0.12.0.2.0.6.0-0009\bin\hcat.py”, line 143
    print “Would run:”
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

If anyone encountered the same issue and resolved, please let me know and appreciate it.

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

S R
    Participant

WebHCatSmokeTest issue is resolved. This might help others if they have similar issue that I faced

When I first installed Python 3.4, looks like the webhcat-site.xml (under C:\hdp\hcatalog-0.12.0.2.0.6.0-0009\etc\webhcat) file is updated with the following entry as part of the HDP 2.0 installation process.

<property>
    <name>templeton.python</name>
    <value>C:\Python34\python.exe</value>
    </property>

I Uninstalled the Python 3.4 and installed Python 2.7 as suggested and updated the “PATH” Environmental value to c:\python27\
    I updated the the Property value to

<property>
    <name>templeton.python</name>
    <value>c:\python27\python.exe</value>
    </property>

Note that I had to STOP and START the Services for the new values to be picked up. If not the old values are being cached and simple Property update may not help. Hope this helps !

Thanks. Satya Raju.

Collapse

S R
    Participant

Rohit – After Installing 2.7.6 Version of Python, the issue is resolved and Thank you. Currently the only Smoke Test that’s failing is WebHCatSmokeTest .

Calling URL: http://WIN-ATKSGSRL5DL:50111/templeton/v1/ddl/database?user.name=hadoop
    Response: -1
    Data:
    Run-WebHcatSmokeTest : WebHcat Smoke Test: FAILED
    At line:1 char:1
    + Run-WebHcatSmokeTest
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Run-WebHcatSmokeTest

Collapse

S R
    Participant

Thank You Rohit ! Will Uninstall latest Python Version and go back to Older version and test it out. Appreciate your quick response !

Collapse

Rohit Bakhshi

Hi S R,

Can you please try the install with Python 2.7.x? We have not certified with Python 3.x, and that is different enough from Python 2.7 that I don’t see Python 3.x working.

Thanks,
    Rohit

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)