Home Forums Hive / HCatalog Question concerning Hive installation

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Seth Lyubich 12 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I currently have a few installations of HDP V1.2. For now I will refer to my installation on a single node.In my log file for hive, I get the following error:
    13/04/22 10:20:48 INFO metastore.HiveMetaStore: 0: get_databases: default
    13/04/22 10:20:48 INFO HiveMetaStore.audit: ugi=hive ip=unknown-ip-addr cmd=get_databases: default
    13/04/22 10:20:48 INFO service.AbstractService: Service:ThriftSQLService is started.
    13/04/22 10:20:48 INFO service.AbstractService: Service:HiveServer2 is started.
    13/04/22 10:20:48 WARN conf.HiveConf: DEPRECATED: Configuration property hive.metastore.local no longer has any effect. Make sure
    to provide a valid value for hive.metastore.uris if you are connecting to a remote metastore.
    13/04/22 10:20:48 INFO thrift.ThriftCLIService: ThriftSQLService listening on 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:10000
    13/04/22 10:21:26 WARN conf.HiveConf: DEPRECATED: Configuration property hive.metastore.local no longer has any effect. Make sure
    to provide a valid value for hive.metastore.uris if you are connecting to a remote metastore.
    13/04/22 10:21:26 INFO cli.CLIService: SessionHandle [b7d0bcab-7214-4b87-96b2-430c857901b6]: openSession()
    Hive history file=/tmp/hive/hive_job_log_hive_201304221021_1025778294.txt
    13/04/22 10:21:26 INFO exec.HiveHistory: Hive history file=/tmp/hive/hive_job_log_hive_201304221021_1025778294.txt
    13/04/22 10:21:26 WARN security.ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping: got exception trying to get groups for user fakeuser
    org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException: id: fakeuser: No such user

at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:255)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:182)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:375)
    Any idea why a user called “fakeuser” is being used? I am trying to make a beeline connection, which is not working and I am just wondering if this is the reason why.

–Trevor WIlliams

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Trevor,

I think fakeuser is used only for Smoke test. I am able to see same on my 1.2 HDP installation and pass the smoke test:

[root@ambari1 files]# grep -i fakeuser *
    hiveserver2Smoke.sh:smokeout=`/usr/lib/hive/bin/beeline -u $1 -n fakeuser -p fakepwd -d org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver -e ‘!run $2′ 2>&1| awk ‘{print}’|grep Error`
    [root@ambari1 files]# sh hiveserver2Smoke.sh
    Smoke test of hiveserver2 passed

You can try to test following way:

start beeline interface
    # /usr/lib/hive/bin/beeline

Connect to Hive Server2:
    beeline> !connect jdbc:hive2://hiveserver2name:10000 username password org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver

Then you cant try command like:
    show tables;

And see if it works.

Also you can make sure that port 10000 is bound to process and process is running.

Please let us know if this is helpful.

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Spoke too soon, I di find a reference to fakeuser in:
    /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-hive/files/hiveserver2Smoke.sh
    the line looks like this:
    smokeout=`/usr/lib/hive/bin/beeline -u $1 -n fakeuser -p fakepwd -d org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver -e ‘!run $2′ 2>&1| awk ‘{print}’|grep Error`
    This is the smoke test for the start of hiveserver2.

–Trevor

Collapse

Larry,

Sorry, No joy. No fakeuser anywhere in the ‘/etc’ tree. It must be in the apache code. Please keep in mind, it is no longer an issue for me.

–Trevor

Collapse

Larry Liu

Hi, Trevor

Is there any reference in your /etc/passwd and /etc/group? Can you please also try to grep the fakeuser with all hadoop configuration files?
    For example:

grep -R fakeuser /etc/*

It must be somewhere since the error reported from hadoop when running shell command (org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand)

Thanks
    larry

Collapse

Hi Larry,

The problem is I asked two questions in one (which seems to be a big no-no). One was concerning this error I was seeing in the hive log file “every” start up and I was having problems using beeline which is a CLI which can be used to make a connection to a remote HIVE server. The username is hive and the password is input by you during the installation/setup.I could not find where ‘fakeuser’ was specified.so I believe it is probably just a place holder and has no significance to Hive operation. Of course this is an assumption.

–Trevor

Collapse

Larry Liu

Hi, Trevor

It is interesting. In my hive-site.xml, I don’t see fakeuser. Was this user setup on purpose?

Larry

Collapse

OK. I found what I was looking for in the following file: /etc/hive/conf/hive-site.xml
    Using the following parameters:
    javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName
    javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword

–Trevor

Collapse

The real question is not about beeline working. I need to find out if the “hive” installation setup is somehow incorrect. Where is ‘fakeuser’ defined? and do I need to change it? Thanks…

–Trevor Williams

Collapse

tedr

Hi Trevor,

It certainly could be why. Though not being familiar with beeline, I can’t say for sure, but beeline may have been configured to use that user.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)