Ambari Forum

Quick Links – can't reach the page

Adam Rench

HI all,

We just installed Ambari and our name and data nodes. Ambari is working great. I’m able to start and stop services and the dashboard is all green lights. We installed this on amazon EC2 using the following guide – and my problem now is that when I try to access the HDFS quick link to the Name Node UI, I reach a “Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to ec2-<IP ADDRESS>”. We have checked that ports 50000 through 50100 are open but still I can’t reach that site.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Adam Rench

Just realized I posted this in the wrong section on the forums. If a moderator can move this post into the “installation on linux” section, I would greatly appreciate it.

Jeff Sposetti

How did you check the ports are open? Are they open between the machines on EC2, but how about from outside hosts?

Just to confirm it’s not the security firewall settings (which might not be allowing outside hosts reach those ports), can you stop iptables on the NN host and confirm you can reach the host:ip from your browser?

sudo /etc/init.d/iptables stop

Adam Rench

Hi Jeff,

Okay, big time beginners mistake here. My company blocks the ports that it was trying to access. I went home and tried accessing the links and it was working just fine. I submitted a request to get these open from within my company.

Seth Lyubich

Hi Adam,

Thanks for letting us know that you resolved your issue.

John Johnson

Anyway, instead of changing the firewall rules to allow port 50070  to have the quick links use the port that I want it to use?

John Johnson

To be clear, what I meant to ask, is there anyway to specify the port number to be used when quick links are generated? (we have Ambari 1.7 with Knox acting as proxy in a HA enabled NameNode environment).

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.