Home Forums Ambari Quick Links – can't reach the page

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Seth Lyubich 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Adam Rench
    Participant

HI all,

We just installed Ambari and our name and data nodes. Ambari is working great. I’m able to start and stop services and the dashboard is all green lights. We installed this on amazon EC2 using the following guide – http://hortonworks.com/kb/ambari-on-ec2/ and my problem now is that when I try to access the HDFS quick link to the Name Node UI, I reach a “Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to ec2-<IP ADDRESS>.compute-1.amazonaws.com:50070″. We have checked that ports 50000 through 50100 are open but still I can’t reach that site.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

Thanks for letting us know that you resolved your issue.

Seth

Collapse

Adam Rench
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

Okay, big time beginners mistake here. My company blocks the ports that it was trying to access. I went home and tried accessing the links and it was working just fine. I submitted a request to get these open from within my company.

Thanks!

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

How did you check the ports are open? Are they open between the machines on EC2, but how about from outside hosts?

Just to confirm it’s not the security firewall settings (which might not be allowing outside hosts reach those ports), can you stop iptables on the NN host and confirm you can reach the host:ip from your browser?

sudo /etc/init.d/iptables stop

Collapse

Adam Rench
    Participant

Just realized I posted this in the wrong section on the forums. If a moderator can move this post into the “installation on linux” section, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)