Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Recommended steps to upgrade HDP services/components with Ambari

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bobby Dennett 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

What is the recommended way to upgrade HDP components when using Ambari? There has been at least 1 minor release since we created our cluster and our engineering team has requested the latest versions of each component (e.g. Hive).

I’ve seen the instructions for upgrading the Ambari server at http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.2.2/bk_using_Ambari_book/content/ambari-chap7.html but I would like to understand how the HDP distribution itself should be upgraded (to not break the Ambari “integration”).

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Thanks Robert. I’m being asked to install Hive 0.10.0.22 and our currently installed version (installed as part of HDP 1.2) is 0.10.0.21. I need to figure out where 0.10.0.22 (installed on another cluster; not managed by us) came from ;o)

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Bobby,
    Updating the HDP stack via ambari is a feature that is planned for a future release in the May/June time frame. As of now, since the introduction of Ambari in HDP 1.2.0, there hasn’t been a HDP stack update, but rather just ambari update as described in the link you provided.

Hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Bobby,
    HDP 1.2.2 as you have seen is an ambari only upgrade. I believe the team is working on being able to upgrade the HDP stack as well via Ambari. I will check apache and see if I find any requests for that and see if there is a status.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)