Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Regarding Directory structure

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Koelli Mungee 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I would like to see the directory structure of hadoop installation after i log with root/hadoop. I am using the Virtual box Sandbox. What are the other default accounts set up for this sandbox ?

Please advice .

Thanks

srikrishna

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Koelli Mungee

Hi Srikrishna,

This is to answer your question on the directory structure. If you want more information you can take a look at our manual installation instructions to understand the configuration directory structure

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.3.2/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm_chap3.html

All the hadoop jars are in

/usr/lib/hadoop

Another important location for the core hadoop configurations:

/etc/hadoop/conf

Thanks,
    Koelli

Collapse

cut -d: -f1 /etc/passwd

That command should list all of the users on a linux machine. /etc/passwd contains the config for each user on a machine, if you open the actual file you can get a lot more information if you need it. IBM’s file reference page does a good job of detailing it.

As for viewing the directory structure, I don’t know a good way right off hand but this answer looks like your question, so I’d start with this answer here (direct link)

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)