The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

register wrong

zhiqi zhang

I set up ambari server successfully. (ambari-server 1.2.4.9-1)
    then I open the master.cn:8080 to create a cluster
    but there is wrong when i register the hosts.

the content in ambari-agent.log:
    INFO 2013-08-07 15:09:26,142 Controller.py:92 – Unable to connect to: https://master.cn:8441/agent/v1/register/slave1
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/Controller.py”, line 77, in registerWithServer
    response = self.sendRequest(self.registerUrl, data)
    File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/Controller.py”, line 231, in sendRequest
    self.cachedconnect = security.CachedHTTPSConnection(self.config)
    File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/security.py”, line 74, in __init__
    self.connect()
    File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/security.py”, line 79, in connect
    self.httpsconn.connect()
    File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/security.py”, line 63, in connect
    ca_certs=server_crt)
    File “/usr/lib64/python2.6/ssl.py”, line 350, in wrap_socket
    suppress_ragged_eofs=suppress_ragged_eofs)
    File “/usr/lib64/python2.6/ssl.py”, line 118, in __init__
    self.do_handshake()
    File “/usr/lib64/python2.6/ssl.py”, line 293, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
    SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:480: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

i noticed that there are several guys have the same problem, but the solution were almost reinstall the ambari server. who knows how many time i have reinstall my ambari server, it does not work….
    futhermore, I synchrnised the time with ntpdate in every hosts.

looking forward to a answer, thanks a lot.

• Author
    Replies
    Sasha J

There is something wrong with agent’s certificate…
    Steps to fix:

1. “ambari-agent stop” on ALL nodes
    2. “ambari-server” stop
    3. “yum erase ambari*” on all nodes
    4. “yum erase postgres*” on ambari node
    5. “rm -rf /var/lib/pgsql” on ambari node
    6. “yum install ambari-server”
    7. “ambari-server setup”
    8. ambari-server start
    9. http://:8080

AT this point all nodes should be clear from the all incorrect certificates.

Hope this help

Thank you!
    Sasha

zhiqi zhang

i have solve my problem.

i reinstall the operating system. the previous one is centos6.4. then i install a contos6.2. it work…..

Sasha J

Good to know.
    6.4 should also work.

Thank you!
    Sasha

The forum ‘HDP on Linux – Installation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.