remove component/service from host

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kévin Simonin 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Mathieu DESPRIEE
    Participant

Hello,

I moved a service from a host to another. I stopped the service on the first, installed and started on the second : everything’s fine.
    But the service is still referenced as ‘stopped’ on ambari on the first node.
    I would like to remove the component.

How I can do it ?
    And if not possible with the GUI, is there any other way to do it ?

Mathieu

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

• Author
    Replies

Kévin Simonin
    Participant

Hi,

it’s possible to remove a service referenced as “stopped”‘ with Ambari API REST
    To remove a service, try something like this :
    curl -u <admin_user_name>:<admin_password> -H ‘X-Requested-By:ambari’ -X DELETE ‘http://<ambari_server_host>:8080/api/v1/clusters/<cluster_name>/services/<service_name>’

and to remove a service on a specific node, try the following method
    curl -u <admin_user_name>:<admin_password> -H ‘X-Requested-By:ambari’ -X DELETE ‘http://<ambari_server_host>:8080/api/v1/clusters/<cluster_name>/hosts/<hostname>/host_components/<service_component>’

regards

Collapse

Mark Amos
    Participant

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Hi, What version of Ambari are you using?

ambari-server –version

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.