Home Forums Ambari Removing component from ambari and configuring database port

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jo Chan 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jo Chan
    Participant

1. Is there a way to remove a component from hosts via ambari?
    I am trying to set up hive-metastore and since it was originally set up incorrectly, I am now stuck with not able to change the configuration (ie. existing vs new database).
    What would be the best way to go about changing this without having to reconfigure the whole cluster?

2. Also, there’s no option for setting Database port and the DatabaseURL isn’t editable. I need to be able to configure a non default port for my mysql hive metastore database.

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Jo Chan
    Participant

I’ve figured out the port part by appending :PORT to the end of Database Host.

How do I go about specifying -upgradeSchemaFrom instead of using -initSchema ?

2014-08-20 13:53:18,746 – Execute['export HIVE_CONF_DIR=/etc/hive/conf.server ; /usr/lib/hive/bin/schematool -initSchema -dbType mysql -userName hive_user -passWord [PROTECTED]‘] {‘not_if’: “export HIVE_CONF_DIR=/etc/hive/conf.server ; /usr/lib/hive/bin/schematool -info -dbType mysql -userName hive_user -passWord [PROTECTED]“}
    2014-08-20 13:53:24,083 – Error while executing command ‘restart’:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    Fail: Execution of ‘export HIVE_CONF_DIR=/etc/hive/conf.server ; /usr/lib/hive/bin/schematool -initSchema -dbType mysql -userName hive_user -passWord [PROTECTED]‘ returned 1. Metastore connection URL: jdbc:mysql://HOST:PORT/hive_metastore?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true
    Metastore Connection Driver : com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    Metastore connection User: hive_user
    org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaException: Failed to get schema version.
    *** schemaTool failed ***

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)