Home Forums Ambari Removing component from ambari and configuring database port

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  easyoups 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jo Chan
    Participant

1. Is there a way to remove a component from hosts via ambari?
    I am trying to set up hive-metastore and since it was originally set up incorrectly, I am now stuck with not able to change the configuration (ie. existing vs new database).
    What would be the best way to go about changing this without having to reconfigure the whole cluster?

2. Also, there’s no option for setting Database port and the DatabaseURL isn’t editable. I need to be able to configure a non default port for my mysql hive metastore database.

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

easyoups
    Participant

I had a look on schematool…

# cd /usr/hdp/2.2.0.0-2041/hive/bin
    # ./schematool -dbType postgres -info
    14/12/05 08:06:59 WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.optimize.mapjoin.mapreduce does not exist
    14/12/05 08:06:59 WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.heapsize does not exist
    14/12/05 08:06:59 WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.server2.enable.impersonation does not exist
    14/12/05 08:06:59 WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.auto.convert.sortmerge.join.noconditionaltask does not exist
    Metastore connection URL: jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/hive
    Metastore Connection Driver : org.postgresql.Driver
    Metastore connection User: hive
    org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaException: Failed to load driver
    *** schemaTool failed ***

Interesting ! So I checked my jdbc driver…
    Installing it through yum solved my issue :

yum install postgresql-jdbc

I’m very suprised about that, for ambari use postgresql too and the database “ambari” was well populated with tables.
    That probably means that either ambari includes its own driver, or it uses a direct database access without jdbc.

regards

Collapse

easyoups
    Participant

I faced the same issue as you…
    I want to remove Hive or reconfigure the metastore destination for migrating my DBMS choice.

I do not find how to do it… Did you find a “clean” solution for reconfiguring your cluster through ambari ?

Regards

Collapse

Jo Chan
    Participant

I’ve figured out the port part by appending :PORT to the end of Database Host.

How do I go about specifying -upgradeSchemaFrom instead of using -initSchema ?

2014-08-20 13:53:18,746 – Execute[‘export HIVE_CONF_DIR=/etc/hive/conf.server ; /usr/lib/hive/bin/schematool -initSchema -dbType mysql -userName hive_user -passWord [PROTECTED]‘] {‘not_if': “export HIVE_CONF_DIR=/etc/hive/conf.server ; /usr/lib/hive/bin/schematool -info -dbType mysql -userName hive_user -passWord [PROTECTED]“}
    2014-08-20 13:53:24,083 – Error while executing command ‘restart':
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    Fail: Execution of ‘export HIVE_CONF_DIR=/etc/hive/conf.server ; /usr/lib/hive/bin/schematool -initSchema -dbType mysql -userName hive_user -passWord [PROTECTED]‘ returned 1. Metastore connection URL: jdbc:mysql://HOST:PORT/hive_metastore?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true
    Metastore Connection Driver : com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    Metastore connection User: hive_user
    org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaException: Failed to get schema version.
    *** schemaTool failed ***

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)