Ambari Forum

Removing host from Ambari

Louis Long
    Participant

I was in the middle of adding a host to my HDP 1.3.2 cluster and I encountered a problem. The host showed as added in Ambari even though no components were installed/configured. I went through the decommissioning process and now I’m trying to re-add the node but Ambari still shows it as a node in the cluster. How can I remove the entry from Ambari so I can go through the Add New Host process with that server. I can’t rename the server I’m trying to add. Thanks

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    Seth Lyubich

Hi Louis,

This functionality will be available in next release of Ambari. For now please try renaming the host.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Seth

Louis Long
    Participant

Thanks Seth. Glad to hear it will be available soon. Will it be available in the version used with HDP 2 or beyond? Regards

Jeff Sposetti

Hi, the “delete host” capability will work with HDP 1 and HDP 2 stacks in Ambari.

Louis Long
    Participant

Thanks Jeff. I didn’t see it in HDP 1. I’ve just installed an HDP 2 cluster so I’ll try it there. Regards

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.