Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Revolution Analytics

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mur Raguthu 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Mur Raguthu

Did anyone loaded Revolution Analytics on Hortonworks Sandbox? just wondering.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Mur Raguthu

Perfect..thanks all.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Mur,

Thanks for using the Sandbox. Try the ssh command without the curly brakets “{}” around the ip. I believe that AbdelRahman meant that “{IP}” should all have been replaced with your IP address for the sandbox.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Mur Raguthu

Hi Abdelrahman,
    Thanks for your input…but i have no luck with belwo command. I am getting error “ssh: Could not resolve hostname {192.168.52.128}: Name or service not known”

ssh -f root@{192.168.52.128} -L 8020:sandbox:8020 -N

Collapse

abdelrahman

Hi Mur,
    How is your day so far? The UI for R broweser can be accessed by doing SSh forward from the sandbox vm to the your machine. Please follow the following steps:

1. From command line run on the sandbox VM to obtain the IP.
    ifconfig
    2. One the IP is obtained please run the following from command line. I am using the port 50070 for Namenode UI but this port need to be replaced with the port which R browser uses.
    ssh -f root@{IP} -L 50070:sandbox:50070 -N
    3. Go to your machine browser and open the following address
    localhost:$portofRbrowser
    The R browser UI shall be shown on your machine browser. Hope this helps

Thanks
    -Abdelrahman

Collapse

Mur Raguthu

Hi Larry,
    I installed R on Sandbox as well. Installation was successful but I am not able to access my HDFS files or run map reduce via R browser (I can run same map reduce job via console). Am I missing any configuration?

Thanks.

Collapse

Larry Liu

Hi, Mur

I tried to install R on the sandbox. The installation went well. Are you trying to use R for mapreduce program? I haven’t tried R streaming.

Larry

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)