Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation Running 2 Masters on windows

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

rui favas

Hello, I’m trying to create an HDFS cluster with 2 masters (2 servers). do you have any guidance on how to run the install?

e.g.

server one runs:
    NameNone
    Secondarynamenode
    Datanode

server two runs:
    NameNone
    Secondarynamenode
    Datanode

Clients can connect to server one or server two and read/write files which get synced automatically across both servers

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Rui,

In hadoop there is no such thing a a "master DataNode" or "slave DataNode." The master for the DataNode is the NameNode. Currently hadoop is made to use only one NameNode and one or more DataNodes. Also there are currently no dates set for release of hadoop 2.0 on windows as it is still in beta on Linux.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

rui favas

Thanks for the reply Ted.

Could I run a master datanode on server 1 and a slave datanode on server 2? And if so, would I still be able to write to server 2 if server 1 goes down?

Do you have any dates for version 2.0 on windows?

Collapse

tedr

Hi Rui,

The configuration you are trying to set up is not currently supported. You can go ahead and attempt it, but the only configuration pointer I can give is that you will probably need to set up a VIP to switch between them. Also running the namenodes and datanodes on the same server is not reccomended. A similar configuration to this will be supported when hadoop 2.0 is fully adopted, but under hadoop 1.0 it is not. Hadoop 2.0 is currently still in beta.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)