Home Forums Pig Running Apache Pig tutorial problems

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Naresh K 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jakub Stransky
    Participant

I am new to Apache Pig and have some experiences with Hadoop 2. I am having some difficulties with running “standard” pig tutorial – pig script1-hadoop.pig

However because of cluster set up (users) – I had to modified an example a bit. Standard tutorial expects all files on / of HDFS. Which I cannot use in my case so I created /pig dir for that purpose

drwxrwxrwx – hdfs hdfs 0 2014-03-31 11:15 /pig
    with the uploaded content

-rw-r–r– 3 jakub hdfs 10408717 2014-03-31 10:41 /pig/excite.log.bz2
    I also modified the pig script script1-hadoop.pig as well to respect those changes as follows (mainly just for load and store commands):

raw = LOAD ‘/pig/excite.log.bz2′ USING PigStorage(‘\t’) AS (user, time, query);

STORE ordered_uniq_frequency INTO ‘/pig/script1-hadoop-results’ USING PigStorage();
    I am running pi script:

[jakub@hadooptools pigtmp]$ pig script1-hadoop.pig
    but with no luck and getting error:

2014-03-31 10:15:11,896 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt – You don’t have permission to perform the operation. Error from the server: Permission denied: user=jakub, access=WRITE, inode=”/”:hdfs:hdfs:drwxr-xr-x
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:234)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:214)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:158)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkPermission(FSNamesystem.java:5202)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkPermission(FSNamesystem.java:5184)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkAncestorAccess(FSNamesystem.java:5158)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.mkdirsInternal(FSNamesystem.java:3405)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.mkdirsInt(FSNamesystem.java:3375)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.mkdirs(FSNamesystem.java:3349)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.mkdirs(NameNodeRpcServer.java:724)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.mkdirs(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:502)
    at …
    I am not quite sure why PIG script is trying to write into / on HDFS. I know that PIG can store some immediate results on HDFS so I modified pig.temp.dir property (/etc/pig/conf/pig.properties) and created location on HDFS /pig/tmp

drwxrwxrwx – jakub hdfs 0 2014-03-31 11:15 /pig/tmp
    Anyone idea what might be wrong? Pig in local mode is ok.

Thx

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Naresh K
    Participant

you are doing it in PIG HDFS mode…so the data will be taken from HDFS and the output will also Stored into HDFS. for that you need to have write permisions

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)