Home Forums HDFS Running external NameNode

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Molina 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Lars
    Participant

Hi,

I installed HDP 2 with ambari, now I have got a problem with the NameNode.

I already had a self set up hadoop v1 cluster (not HDP) where I used an external NameNode.
    I used the parameter “fs.default.name” and added the hdfs:// address., and it worked.

Now I tried the same thing with ambari and HDP 2, but I did not find a way, to avoid setting up a NameNode, so that I can use my external NN.
    I tried adding the NN address at “fs.defaultFS”, but it does not work.
    The internal NameNode is still started (and fails starting).

Is there a way to avoid setting up a Namenode for HDP, and include my external one?
    Or what is the normal way to attach external storage, located at a fileserver, to the Namenode with HDP?

Regards

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Robert Molina

Hi Lars,
    For your namenode, you can have multiple mounts so you can have redundancy with the namenode data just in case one fails. You can use an nfs mount on your node where namenode runs hence it can be written to storage outside of the local machine. Ideally, you should also have a local mount to write the fsimage and edits files of the namenode. Also, use soft mount vs. hard mount when doing an nfs mount.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)