The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

Sanbox not launching in bridged adapter mode

Deepak Bitragunta
    Participant

Hello,

I got the set up of Hortonworks Sandbox and it is working fine in NAT mode. But, when I change it to Bridged mode. Then, I am getting an error at
    “Determining the configuration for eth0:’ – at this step it is failed and it will end up showing network connectivity issues. I am using Windows 8.1
    Can somebody help me ? I want my virtual machine available in the public network with a unique IP so that I can access it from outside.

-Deepak.

• Author
    Replies
    iandr413

Hi Deepak,
    If you want to add Bridged mode, you will need to enable a second adapter in the settings of VirtualBox. This will preserve the sandbox functionality and open it to the outside network. I hope this helps.

Ian

Deepak Bitragunta
    Participant

Hello Ian,

Thanks for your reply. I tried enabling the second adapter in bridged adapter mode in the settings. But, when I did that, the ifconfig eth1 returned an IPV6 address instead of IPV4 address. So, How do I use this IPV6 address to communicate with this virtual machine from public network ?

Thanks,
    Deepak.

The forum ‘Hortonworks Sandbox’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.