Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Sandbox coming up as 64-bit – and saying unable to run

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cheryle Custer 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I am using Windows XP, have downloaded Sandbox 2.0 and am trying to bring up the virtual machine. I do not want networking, USB or the DVD player (work PC). When I bring up the Redhat sandbox in the VirtualBox, I get the following error message:
    Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0
    VT-x is disabled in the BIOS
    (VERR_VMX_MSR_VXMON_DISABLED)
    Details:

Result Code:
    E_FAIL (0x80004005)
    Component:
    Console
    Interface:
    IConsole {8ab7c520-2442-4b66-8d74-4ff1e195d2b6}

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sandbox coming up as 64-bit – and saying unable to run’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Cheryle Custer

These errors are related to VirtualBox set up and your hardware configuration. Please search the VirtualBox.org site for the solutions to your particular issues.

Collapse

Hi,

Were you able to resolve the above mentioned issue?? How did you do that?? Please guide me the steps to overcome the above mentioned issue.

Thanks in advance..

Collapse

Bim Sinha
    Participant

Hi, I have just now downloaded Virtual box 4.3.2 and downloaded Sandbox 2.0 on windows 8. I have accepted all default except in Network had set the adaptar1 as ” Host Only Adapter” and for Adaptar 2 as ” NAT”. I too am getting the exact same error when trying to start the Virtual machine as shown below:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0.

VT-x is disabled in the BIOS. (VERR_VMX_MSR_VMXON_DISABLED).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
    Component: Console
    Interface: IConsole {8ab7c520-2442-4b66-8d74-4ff1e195d2b6}

Please advise

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Please try accepting all of the default values of the VM when you import the appliance. See if that resolves the issue. If that’s not the resolution, are you able to run other VMs or run VirtualBox for other purposes on this laptop?

Collapse

One more thing – the CPU I have is the Intel Xeon CPU – 5160 @ 3 GHz

Collapse

I tried ot make it a single processor host during the import. Now it fails differently.

VirtualBx – Error

VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system. Your 64-bit guest will fail to detect a 64-bit CPU and will not be able to boot.

I chose to ignore the error and ‘Continue’

it goes to booting CentOS – and then craps out with the error message on the console:
    This kernel requiers an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU.
    Unable to boot – please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU.

Help!!!

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)