Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Sandbox in VMWare VM?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff Scott 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jeff Scott

Is it possible to install/run the Sandbox in a VMWare Win7 VM instead of just the VM Player or Fusion? Thats the quickest and easiest option for me.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Jeff Scott

So I went ahead and installed VMWare Player (this is on a VMWare win7 VM) and opened the ova file. Took a long time to “import” but afer it was done, I run and get an error: You have an incorrect version of driver “vmci.sys”. Any suggestoins?

Collapse

Stephen Bovy

After importing with VM for Windows WS 8 it did not work

I had to hack the vmx file to change the verion # to get it working

After doing so the VM will boot OK But the network http address is not accessible

Why does the VM have two NICS ??

>> A NAT Nic ???

>> And a private NIC ?????

Also although A private Network is kind of nice for one individual

I want to set this up for BRIDGED SHARED USSAGE
    So that everyone on my team can use it

Collapse

Jeff Scott

Not sure if I’m doing the right thing, or if it’s even possible. I used the VMWare tool to create a .vmx file from the .ova, but I’m not sure what to do next. I’m trying to run the sandbox in a VM, not setting up a VM with the vmx file. What am I missing?

Collapse

tedr

Hi Jeff,

Actually in VMware Workstation there is an “import/export” menu item, use that to convert the .ova to the VMWare format.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Jeff Scott

There is no application association for .ova files so it cannot be “opened” without installing some sort of VMWare tool.

Collapse

Sasha J

Jeff,
    correction.
    There is no “import” option in VMWare Player for Windows.
    If you use VMWare Workstation, then you should import OVA file first, then start imported VM.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Sasha J

Jeff,
    there is no “import” option in Windows VMWare version, so you should use “Open” for .ova file.
    network configuration instructions should be very similar to Fusion instructions.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Jeff Scott

Great. Can you provide any specific instructions for running it? I’m not clear on how to have the .ova file run.

Thanks in advance.

Collapse

Sasha J

Jeff,
    thank you for trying this!
    Yes, it works on Windows VMWare as well.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)