Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Sandbox – Pig: ERROR 1069 – Problem with the java version of UDF

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  abdelrahman 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

milad milad

Hi,

I try to use a java UDF in my Pig code. The jar file, which I have uploaded to Sandbox and also registered at the beginning of the code, is called ONT.jar. When I execute the program, I get the following error:
    ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt – ERROR 1069: Problem resolving class version numbers for class ONT.parseLine

The jave version on my computer is 1.7.0_21 and in the META_INF of my jar file, I can read the following: Created-By: 1.7.0_21 (Oracle Corporation).

However, when I am starting the Sandbox in my Oracle VM, in the Java Process during the boot, it says that the java version is 1.6.0_31.

Do I get the error because the java version on the Sandbox is older than the version I created the jar file with? How can I resolve this issue? Is there a way to update the java version on Sandbox?

Thanks.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

abdelrahman

Hi Milad,

Instead of upgrading the VM on the sandbox can you downgrade the JVM on your machine. That would be easier solution than upgrading the Sandbox. Hope this helps

Thanks
    -Abdelrahman

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)