Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Sandbox Windows 8 from development (Eclipse)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Wadood Chaudhary 11 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I want to use Sandbox from within a development environment like eclipse or Net Beans or any other. Is there any tutorial on that? I can do that easily on MacBook Air. I have Hadoop running in the background and I am able to connect to it from my development environment (Intelli J).
    Is it possible to do that in Windows as well?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

I am running it local. I can see NameNode at 192.168.56.101:50070 from my browser. I assume 8021 is the port to Master Nodes (JobTracker Node). I have added 192.168.56.101:8021 in core-site.xml.
    In my code I am loading the resources :
    conf.addResource(new Path(“c:/sandbox/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml”));
    conf.addResource(new Path(“c:/sandbox/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml”));
    conf.addResource(new Path(“c:/sandbox/hadoop/conf/mapred-site.xml”));

When I run my program from IDE, I get this error:
    org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection handleConnectionFailure
    INFO: Retrying connect to server: /192.168.56.101:8021. Already tried 0 time(s).
    …..

Is it a permission/access problem? Do I need CYGWIN installed on my Windows machine as well and do a CHMOD before doing anything else?
    Thanks.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Wadwood,

As long as you are running the Sandbox local to your windows machine then you will be able to.
    Otherwise you may be better off building a cluster on your network which you can access from anywhere.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)