Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

Sandbox Windows 8 from development (Eclipse)

I want to use Sandbox from within a development environment like eclipse or Net Beans or any other. Is there any tutorial on that? I can do that easily on MacBook Air. I have Hadoop running in the background and I am able to connect to it from my development environment (Intelli J).
    Is it possible to do that in Windows as well?

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author

Hi Wadwood,

As long as you are running the Sandbox local to your windows machine then you will be able to.
    Otherwise you may be better off building a cluster on your network which you can access from anywhere.

I am running it local. I can see NameNode at from my browser. I assume 8021 is the port to Master Nodes (JobTracker Node). I have added in core-site.xml.
    In my code I am loading the resources :
    conf.addResource(new Path(“c:/sandbox/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml”));
    conf.addResource(new Path(“c:/sandbox/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml”));
    conf.addResource(new Path(“c:/sandbox/hadoop/conf/mapred-site.xml”));

When I run my program from IDE, I get this error:
    org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection handleConnectionFailure
    INFO: Retrying connect to server: / Already tried 0 time(s).

Is it a permission/access problem? Do I need CYGWIN installed on my Windows machine as well and do a CHMOD before doing anything else?

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.