Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox SandBox with OBDC and OBIEE

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hello
    I have installed and configured odbc driver for the sandbox and want to connect to OBIEE for data analysis.
    I was able to connect to the sandbox just fine from the obiee repositary but when I am trying to build a report I am getting few errors.

Is OBIEE supported?

Thanks

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Shelly,

Thanks for the information.

Ted.

Collapse

I was able to integrate Sandbox with OBIEE 11.1.1.6.2 successfully.
    I am posting back for the benefit of others.
    After I installed the new ODBC for Hortonworks Sandbox, I also installed a DataDriver for OBIEE OPMN services.
    I followed the steps listed under: “Configuring Oracle Business Intelligence to Use DataDirect 7.0.1 Drivers and Configuration Instructions Using DataDirect 7.0.1 ODBC Driver” for configuring opmn.xml and odbc.ini files as per oracle documentation. Then while creating a database connection in the OBIEE repository I chose Apache Hadoop as the DB source and in the connection pool chose ODBC 2.0.
    Then I modeled the RPD and built the catalog.
    I was able to see all OBIEE queries in the JOB browser in the Horton works sandbox.

Collapse

Thanks Carter.Yes I am aware of this and this with the newer version of OBIEE 11.1.1.7.1.

Collapse

Carter Shanklin
    Participant

A limited amount of translation is done by the driver but not all queries can be converted.

I know that Mark Rittman managed to get OBIEE talking to an older version of Hive (0.7 I think). I don’t have all the details but I believe it was using OBIEE’s own ODBC driver. Have you tried that?

More info at http://www.rittmanmead.com/2013/04/obiee-odi-and-hadoop-part-1-so-what-is-hadoop-mapreduce-and-hive/

Collapse

I thought the odbc driver from Horton works would be able to translate sql to hql but looks like this is not happening.

Your thoughts are welcomed.

Collapse

Thanks Ted.
    The query is correct. Infact I have to build a report with only one column but still I get the same error.
    This makes me think that the obiee server might need some additional data drivers for its opmn services.

Let me know if there is anything else which I am missing or if there is another member trying to do the same thing.

Thanks

Collapse

tedr

Hi Shelly,

That particular error looks like there is something incorrect in the query.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

I am running this on OBIEE 11.1.1.6.2 and this is the error I get when I try to run a report:

Error Codes: OPR4ONWY:U9IM8TAC:OI2DL65P
    State: HY000. Code: 10058. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: HY000] [nQSError: 10058] A general error has occurred. [nQSError: 43113] Message returned from OBIS. [nQSError: 16001] ODBC error state: S1000 code: 35 message: [Hortonworks][Hardy] (35) Error from Hive: error code: ‘40000’ error message: ‘Error while processing statement: FAILED: ParseException line 1:0 cannot recognize input near ‘/’ ‘*’ ’89d28757′ ‘.. [nQSError: 16014] SQL statement preparation failed. (HY000)
    SQL Issued: SELECT 0 s_0, “HIVE”.”Dim – Player”.”player_id” s_1, “HIVE”.”Dim – Player”.”year” s_2, “HIVE”.”Fact – Batting”.”runs” s_3 FROM “HIVE” FETCH FIRST 65001 ROWS ONLY

Collapse

tedr

Hi Shelly,

What are the errors you are getting?

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)