The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

Sandox on Hyper-V 2012

Salam ELIAS

Hi I downloaded the sandbox followed instructions and it is up and running. I notice that the IP displayed to connect to the machine is 192.168.56.101.
    My network is 192.168.1….., as I am not a network guy, so 1st question can somebody help me and let me understand how we can connect to this different ip lan adresse.

In this forum, I read a thread where it is stated that the gateway IP for the sandbox virtual switch should be 192.196.56.1, I did so, I was able to connect to the IP but on the win2k12 box IE directly, when I try to connect from other machoen or lap top, it does not go through.

Thanks for your help

• Author
    Replies
    Cheryle Custer

Hi,

We’ve updated the install instructions. Please look here to see if this helps with your issue: http://hortonworks.com/wp-content/uploads/unversioned/pdfs/InstallingHortonworksSandbox2onWindowsusingHyper-V.pdf

Hi I’m running the sandbox on Hyper-v 2012 core. There is no interface on core to do step 2 “2. Turn on Internet Connection Sharing.
    a. Open Network and Sharing Center (see Figure 4)” and I can’t run a browser on the hyper-v machine.

I can get to the sandbox session via a browser from a machine that is on the same subnet as sandbox 192.168.56.101
    In that screen the 2 options are to “start tutorials” or “go to sandbox” when I hit go to sandbox it tries to take me to a loopback address 127.0.0.1:8000/about/
    which doesn’t work from a network machine.

Can I change the IP address in the sandbox os to a real local address?

Salam ELIAS

Thanks Cheryle, this is what I did and allowed me to connect to the sandbox from Internet explorer on the machine itself (the hyper-V) but I want to connect from either my desktop or laptop which are on a 192.168.1.0 network (same as my hyper-v machine).

The forum ‘Hortonworks Sandbox’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.