Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Sandox on Hyper-V 2012

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Salam ELIAS 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Salam ELIAS

Hi I downloaded the sandbox followed instructions and it is up and running. I notice that the IP displayed to connect to the machine is 192.168.56.101.
    My network is 192.168.1….., as I am not a network guy, so 1st question can somebody help me and let me understand how we can connect to this different ip lan adresse.

In this forum, I read a thread where it is stated that the gateway IP for the sandbox virtual switch should be 192.196.56.1, I did so, I was able to connect to the IP but on the win2k12 box IE directly, when I try to connect from other machoen or lap top, it does not go through.

Thanks for your help

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Salam ELIAS

Thanks Cheryle, this is what I did and allowed me to connect to the sandbox from Internet explorer on the machine itself (the hyper-V) but I want to connect from either my desktop or laptop which are on a 192.168.1.0 network (same as my hyper-v machine).

Collapse

Hi I’m running the sandbox on Hyper-v 2012 core. There is no interface on core to do step 2 “2. Turn on Internet Connection Sharing.
    a. Open Network and Sharing Center (see Figure 4)” and I can’t run a browser on the hyper-v machine.

I can get to the sandbox session via a browser from a machine that is on the same subnet as sandbox 192.168.56.101
    In that screen the 2 options are to “start tutorials” or “go to sandbox” when I hit go to sandbox it tries to take me to a loopback address 127.0.0.1:8000/about/
    which doesn’t work from a network machine.

Can I change the IP address in the sandbox os to a real local address?

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Hi,

We’ve updated the install instructions. Please look here to see if this helps with your issue: http://hortonworks.com/wp-content/uploads/unversioned/pdfs/InstallingHortonworksSandbox2onWindowsusingHyper-V.pdf

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)