Home Forums Ambari Server error: 500 Status code received

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nico Maesen 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Nico Maesen
    Participant

Hello,

While installing the latest version of Ambari (1.6.0) I got this error: 500 status code received on GET method for API…
    with final error message:
    Error message: org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: Error loading deferred resources

The only services that keep on running are Ganglia, NameNode, Hive Metastore, MySQL Server and ZooKeeper server.on one node.
    Is this a known issue? Will there be a fix available soon, please?

Kind regards,
    Nico.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Nico Maesen
    Participant

Hello,

The issue about the server installation haning is solved.
    After a complete uninstallation of all components and config files I managed to re-install with success.

Kind regards,
    Nico.

Collapse

Nico Maesen
    Participant

Hello,
    When I try to install Ambari version 1.4.4 I get the same issue during the installation.
    During startup of the services/components the interface freezes at about 75% on the bar chart…
    Startup does not proceed.
    Is this a known issue? What can I do about it?

Kind regards,
    Nico.

Collapse

Nico Maesen
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

Initially we started with Ambari 1.4.4 and that worked OK.
    After some time version 1.5.0 became available and we installed that one over the 1.4.4.
    For some reason the Hive component didn’t want to start because of a known issue and we upgraded to version 1.5.1.
    During the upgrade the database went incompatible and Iwe had to reset the DB using the command ‘ambari-server reset’
    After resetting we installed the 1.5.1 version with another issue which would then be solved in version 1.6.0, so I waited for that release on end of May.
    Now I try to install the 1.6.0 version and got stuck in the last step of the installation, namely the startup of all components.

I use all default components of ambari.

Please advise…

Rgrds,
    Nico.

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Nico,

Thanks. A few more questions:

1) This is during the cluster install wizard?
    2) At what step did this error occur?
    3) What happened in the UI?
    4) Using the default postgres database for ambari? Or your own existing postgres or mysql or oracle?
    5) Any other details or steps to reproduce?

Cheers.

Collapse

Nico Maesen
    Participant

This is the call from the GUI:

500 status code received on GET method for API: /api/v1/clusters/SecBigData/components/?ServiceComponentInfo/category=MASTER&fields=ServiceComponentInfo/Version,ServiceComponentInfo/StartTime,ServiceComponentInfo/HeapMemoryUsed,ServiceComponentInfo/HeapMemoryMax,ServiceComponentInfo/service_name,host_components/HostRoles/host_name,host_components/HostRoles/state,host_components/HostRoles/maintenance_state,host_components/HostRoles/stale_configs,host_components/metrics/jvm/memHeapUsedM,host_components/metrics/jvm/HeapMemoryMax,host_components/metrics/jvm/HeapMemoryUsed,host_components/metrics/jvm/memHeapCommittedM,host_components/metrics/mapred/jobtracker/trackers_decommissioned,host_components/metrics/cpu/cpu_wio,host_components/metrics/rpc/RpcQueueTime_avg_time,host_components/metrics/dfs/FSNamesystem/*,host_components/metrics/dfs/namenode/Version,host_components/metrics/dfs/namenode/DecomNodes,host_components/metrics/dfs/namenode/TotalFiles,host_components/metrics/dfs/namenode/UpgradeFinalized,host_components/metrics/dfs/namenode/Safemode,host_components/metrics/runtime/StartTime,host_components/metrics/hbase/master/IsActiveMaster,ServiceComponentInfo/MasterStartTime,ServiceComponentInfo/MasterActiveTime,ServiceComponentInfo/AverageLoad,ServiceComponentInfo/Revision,ServiceComponentInfo/RegionsInTransition,metrics/api/cluster/summary,,host_components/metrics/yarn/Queue,ServiceComponentInfo/rm_metrics/cluster/activeNMcount,ServiceComponentInfo/rm_metrics/cluster/unhealthyNMcount,ServiceComponentInfo/rm_metrics/cluster/rebootedNMcount,ServiceComponentInfo/rm_metrics/cluster/decommissionedNMcount&minimal_response=true

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Can you provide the API call you made?

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)